Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Whole Story

I went in for my (almost) 39 week OB appt this morning. Well, when I got my bp checked it was 160/90 so they had me lay on my left side to increase blood flow etc and then checked it again and it was down to 120/60. Then they had me lay on my back and checked it again and it was up to 130/86. Basically it was rather erratic. Then the OB checked me and said I hadn't made any progress since last week, poop on that is what I say! Anyhow, then she goes, well I think you should be induced. I go, 'oh and why do you think that?' So she said that at my last ultrasound my placenta was class 3 which means that it's got lots of calcification and is pretty much done working that combined with my weird bp and having lupus she basically wanted to avoid anything really bad happening if we were to just wait it out. So I told her I wasn't opposed to being induced if she felt it was necessary and if I can get my epidural when they start the pitocin cuz I really don't want to feel pitocin contractions, which she agreed was a good idea. She said with all that's going on it'd be better for me to get my epidural earlier rather than later, sounds good to me! So she went to see when it could get scheduled and it turns out it's very difficult to schedule an induction at TMC (for whatever reason, I don't know) so we're going to St. Joseph's instead. The induction is scheduled for 5pm tomorrow afternoon and she's using prostaglandin gel on me (rather than cytotec or cervadil) which I'm happy about. Then after 12 hours of that, they start the pitocin, so baby Embry should arrive sometime on Thursday definitely after 5am and hopefully no later than Friday morning.

I'll be updating the blog as things get moving along, so keep checking for updates after 5pm tomorrow! We're having a baby, woohoo!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Wahooooo!!!! Do you want visitors while you are just waiting things out tomorrow evening? Or do you just want visitors once Embry is here? Let us know. We're soooo excited for you. Let me know if you need anything.

To A T said...

Oh my! oh my!! It's so close!!! :) GL sweetie!! I know you are going to do great!!
I can't wait to hear all about how little Embry comes into the world and of course see all the pics!! :) Yay for you!!!

Kacy said...

WOW!!! I'll be praying for you and Embry. And waiting anxiously to hear more news, of course!!!

Herbnosis said...

Thanks for the heads up, Pregnantrice! We'll be praying for you and Embry.