Thursday, November 13, 2008

Embry Reagan is here!

We've found out I was 10cm after having a lot of back pain at 9:36pm. So we started pushing around 9:45pm. Most of the time Tony was holding my left leg and Anna was holding my right leg. Our lovely nurse figured out a way to get all five visitors in the room for the birth: my Mom, Dad, Anna, Kim, and of course Tony.

After a little bit of pushing Embry's heart rate was low during contractions. So Maryann called Dr. Sherman over, which was good because we had a scare where her heart rate was in the 60s. I continued to push until 11pm, when we started to see the head coming out. Dr. Sherman had planned on using the vacuum to help Embry come out, but around 12am the doctor and staff got the room ready for my delivery and Embry was born at 12:19am on the 14th of November, without the vacuum... Woohoo!

So, she came out and put on my chest right away, all slimealicious. Tony cut the cord, then she was moved to the warmer where she got all fixed up and received apgars 8 and 9. Then she was weighed at 6lbs 13oz and 19 1/2 inches long (my guess was 6lbs 9oz). This was no 8lbs baby. Then she was wrapped like a burrito and given back to her momma. While she was getting fixed up they pushed out my placenta, sewed up a small tear, and removed some moles. Then they pressed down on my uterus quite a bit to make sure it was contracting down and to expel a bunch of yukiness. After they gave her back to me then Tony held her, then my Mom, Dad, Kim, and Anna. We got lots of pictures. We also got pictures of nurse Maryann with her and Dr. Sherman.

She came out with a full head of dark brown hair, her mothers chin, her daddy's dimples, and big wide opened eyes. She's been very alert so far. And she's the cutest thing in the whole wide world, I love her into a millliion pieces and it was worth every second. We're now just hanging out, she's going to get a bath soon and we will be moved up to the recovery room where hopefully get some sleep. Thanks for all the well wishes and we'll keep updating the blog periodically. Pictures will be on Facebook.

5 comments:

Katie Sue said...

Welcome to the world Embry Reagan! We've been praying for you and this moment for a long time! I can't wait to meet you!

Janon said...

Congrats! I know you've waited to be a momma all your life, it's finally here!!! Yippee!!!!

To A T said...

Welcome baby Embry!!
Congrats Leatrice!! I'm so glad you were able to go all the way with no c/s!! Yay mamma!! :)

Rach said...

I'm crying reading this.

Kacy said...

LC - I'm so glad you were able to prove your doctor wrong! Way to go girl! I really wish I weren't at work today - Matt & Drew are going to come see you guys. I can't wait to meet little miss Embry - she sounds just perfect! I hope you are feeling alright and getting some good rest.