Thursday, November 13, 2008

Checked Again

Dr. Sherman just stopped by at 4pm and checked me again. She said that I'm just a little over 3cm but not much and 75% effaced. So they are upping my pitocin and having me switch from side to side every once in a while. I'm still pretty much pain free but the fact that my hair is matting behind my head without being able to brush it very easily is driving me crazy. Tony tried to pull me into a more sitting position earlier so I could brush my hair and then my blood pressure cuff started going crazy, so we might try that again once we build up the courage.

Dr Sherman also said she thinks it's a big baby from feeling my belly, so I poked and prodded till I got her to say what she would consider "big" and she ended up saying maybe she could be close to 8 lbs. I said, no, I'm thinking more like 6lbs 10oz...let's try to think positively people!

Anyhow, doesn't look like I'll be delivering anytime soon, but who knows. Anything can happen!

2 comments:

To A T said...

Hope things start progressing quickly for you!

Kacy said...

Well, I've been at work all day today, but I've been checking in every chance I get! Hope the evening is going well & can't wait for the "She's Here!" post :)