Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dr Sherman's Visit

Dr. Sherman stopped by at 11:40 and broke my water. It was clear fluid, so no meconium, no poopy baby, yay! Then she checked me and said I was 3 cm dilated!!! Yahoo!!! I kinda thought I might forever be stuck at 1 cm and it's FANTASTIC that I've made progress, yipee! She also inserted a intrauterine contraction monitor in order to get an idea of the strength of the contractions as well as more info about their timing, spacing, etc. So, the pitocin is definitely working because the monitor shows that my contractions are stronger and about 1-2 minutes apart. My parents are in town and should be here in about an hour, till then I'm gonna start watching 'The Holiday' it always makes me so happy :)

3 comments:

To A T said...

Yay for progress!! :)

Sarah said...

Hooray!

Rach said...

I am absolutely loving these updates. I'm so glad you have the energy and are not in too much pain to be documenting this. You'll look back and be so glad you "wrote" this all down. I am so excited for you. Thrilled that your epidural experience was as smooth as it was. And, you crack me up that you are gonna watch "The Holiday" now. Good for you.