Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Doctor Checked Again

At 5pm Dr. Sherman stopped by, after delivering scary baby next door. She checked me and said that I was 4cm and 80-90% effaced and still at -1 position. Then she said that she thought my baby was too big to fit through my pelvis, and that I should consider a c-section. I said "no thank you," and expressed that I really didn't think my baby was that big. She said I could get checked again at 8pm and see if I made any progress. If not then she would highly recommend getting a c-section.

In between that check and the 8pm check I checked with my new nurse, Maryann, about various parts of a c-section and recovery etc. etc. Kim came to visit and brought me cute elephants. Well I guess they're really for Embry, but, whatever. Anna came by right before 8pm and Maryann checked me at 8 and exclaimed "Yes!" and said that I was 6cm dilated and that was really good. She then moved me on to my right side, but lost the baby's heart beat in the process. So another nurse came in and inserted a scalple heart monitor onto the baby's head. Now it sounds like we have a vigorous game of pong being played in the room. When the other nurse checked me she said that I was definitely between the 0 and +1 position. So everyone was extremely excited. Maryann talked to Dr. Sherman on the phone and Dr. Sherman would like me to prove her wrong about the c-section and so that is what I would like to do thank you very much. Go baby go!

Maryann is setting up the table and a mirror so I can see all the stuff.

1 comment:

Rach said...

wahoo! go baby go!