Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goings On

I've decided that if this next kid has the same energy level as Embry, we may very well stop at 2. With me feeling perpetually nauseous (more-so than with Embry) and having to chase her around and constantly entertain her, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the first trimester. I'm 7 weeks today. That means I have about 5 weeks to go until this yuckiness subsides. Today has been much better than the past few days, so I'm very thankful for the break. I even got some loads of laundry put away...go me!

I see all these other kids that will sit on their parent's laps contently, or watch a movie, or play on their own without so much as a peep. I like to call them 'half asleep' kids. My child, is the opposite. Some say it's a sign of intelligence, I say it's a sign that I'm going to die early. :/

Embry's new wake up time is 6am. That's really all I can say about that.

We've been obsessively watching the show 'Lost' for about a month now. Started at season 1 and now we're on the last episode of season 5. When the intro comes on and the word 'Lost' glides across the screen and turns sideways, Embry turns her head sideways and smiles really big. Then when the end credits come on and the song plays, she goes 'do do do do do do' along with the tune. It's quite adorable, and a sign that we watch too much tv.

Embry used the kiddie pool that my sis Jen got her for the first time a few days ago. I did something very uncharacteristic for me and didn't take a single picture, but it was darn cute. She quickly learned how to tumble out onto the grass and back into the pool over the side. Of course, now it's back down to 55 and rainy so it will be a while before we set it up again.

I would take and post a belly pic, but oddly my clothes are already not fitting. That doesn't even make any sense though because my uterus isn't supposed to be above my pubic bone yet. Maybe it's just that I have to unbutton all my pants because my stomach hurts. Anyhow, it's not a pretty sight.

3 comments:

Kacy said...

You are funny - that's all I have to say about that :)

Don't worry about the clothes not fitting thing. I felt like I put on weight way faster the second time around, but the overall total was almost the same.

JoAnn Nehs said...

Don't feel bad my clothes always feel like that and I'm not pregnant. I'm wondering how I ever had four kids and worked full time. I can't even comprehend anyone doing that anymore. I must have been crazy. Of course my kids were all exceptional wonderful and no bother. So thankful for the great little ones I had.

I am so proud of you for taking on the challenge it must be very difficult with Lupus. You are amazing. When you have the second one it will be much easier as the kids entertain each other.

Melissa said...

Oh gosh, I certainly do understand what it's like to have a toddler who never sits still and who wants constant attention and playtime. If you think it's exhausting now, just wait until you're 8 months pregnant, everything hurts and your energetic toddler has a fit if you even think about laying down for 5 minutes, haha!

We're definitely stopping at two. I don't have the energy for more!