Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ultrasound

We have a heartbeat! Woohoo! It as 159 bpm and we got to see it flickering away and hear it too. Oh, it was great!

We got there a few minutes early and Embry needed her diaper changed, so I went into the bathroom to change it. Of course that is when they called us back, go figure. So we all went into the room and to begin with the ultrasound machine was zoomed out so far that I couldn't see the flickering of the heartbeat. I did a mini freak out in my head and then asked, 'is there a heartbeat?' The tech said there was and that she'd zoom in so we could see it and pointed it out on the monitor. She did some measuring and baby bean is about 1.5 cm long from crown to rump. I'm 7w5d today and the measurements put it at 8w1d, so we're right on target. Yay!

Afterward I went to MOPS and 'announced' that I am pregnant. Although some people already knew from this blog, I did manage to surprise a few people. :) I feel much more secure now that we've seen and heard the heartbeat, but I'm sure all my anxiety won't go away until after I'm holding baby bean in my arms. Then a whole new set of anxieties will set in, but that's a long time off.

I will post an ultrasound pic once I get it scanned in, but it really doesn't look much like a baby yet. More like a tadpole with some arm buds.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY!

cara said...

so glad to hear this are good so far! I continue to pray for you and the pregnancy.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the great ultrasound! I can't wait to see pics of your little bean. :)