Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 1: DONE!

Week one is done and so am I!  But really, this week has been quite an eye opening experience for me.  I think I'd continue on for week two, but the trail of snot running down the back of my throat says otherwise.  I'm sick once again and I just want some real food, like an egg, is that really so bad?!  No it's not, but it's not on the plan because the plan is only a short term weight loss kick-off.  It's not something that's sustainable and it's not meant to be.  Doing this 2 week rapid weight loss plan by Dr Oz, I averaged under 900 calories/day.  Of course you'll lose weight!  And I did.  I lost a grand total of 8lbs in 1 week (and that includes one day of cheating where I had half a piece of pizza and some icecream *gasp*)  So here are the 1 week stats:

                          Current                 Starting                 Difference
Weight:              179.6                     187.6                      -8 lbs
Waist:                  45"                        46"                        -1"
Bust:                    43"                        44"                        -1"
Hips:                    44.5"                     45"                        -.5"
Thigh:                  21.25"                   21.25"                    0
Bicep:                  13.25"                   13.25"                    0

Here's my conclusion to this whole experience:  whole foods is the way to go.  God provided all of these nutrient rich foods for us to eat and that's what we should be eating.  I'm sure I'll have an occasional splurge and eat or drink something processed, but it won't be the norm like it has been for too long.  Our diet will now focus on whole grains, fruits, veggies, & lean meats and I will get back into the swing of things at the gym.  I've come to point where I  realized that if I eat whole foods and it doesn't cause me to lose weight, I am ok with that, because I will be doing what is healthiest for my body.  I don't need to keep beating myself down about this weight thing because it's not good for my mental state.  If I'm bigger than I used to be, then so be it, at least I will be healthy and that is what is really important. 

Bonus!  My tastes have definitely changed in just a week's time.  I don't crave soda like I used to.  I tried a Mt Dew on Saturday night and it really wasn't as good as I remember.  It was very very sweet and I just kinda wanted water instead.  I have also been drinking a TON of water which I've never been very good at and I'm proud that I've crossed that line where it's actually enjoyable for me instead of something I just have to chug through to make it to 8 glasses a day.  Plus if you drink water with a meal instead of soda, beer, juice, whatever you really get to enjoy the full taste of the food as well. 

2 comments:

Kaylan said...

After doing 7 (we did the Food fast for the entire month) we completely changed the way we eat, and now we pretty much only buy fresh meat, fruit and veggies. If you keep good ingredients that season your food naturally (onion, garlic) in your house at all times, it's really easy to make good food. Sprouts is the same price as Fry's when you buy in season produce and meat on sale, and it keeps us from being tempted to buy processed junk.

JoAnn Nehs said...

You did good for staying on that for one week. I bet you will lose the weight you want to just by eating less, smaller meals, and not drinking soda. and cutting out the goodies and trying to excercise whenever possible. I have never know you to give up on anything. And I am so excited to see the progress you make every week on you weight lose program. I know you can do it. Never give up. I wish I could do what you are attempting to do. maybe I will try.