Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss

Well, I'm starting this tomorrow:
In general I stand by my previous statement that I hate Dr. Oz.  I think he's a nut-job.  Seriously, you're not supposed to eat anything that tastes good...AT ALL?!  That's garbage.  My thought is that you shouldn't deprive yourself of things completely but just do things in moderation.  Well, that's my problem, my moderation setting in my brain, it's broken.  It broke a long time ago.  In fact, I'm not sure if I was even born with one, so that's why I'm doing this.  I'm good at following instructions and I think I can do almost anything for 2 weeks...right?  RiGhT?!   When I am feeling like binging on a bag of chips or the 3-12 packs of Mt Dew we have in the garage start calling to me, I'm going to pray.  It's the whole idea of fasting in order to grow closer to God except not in the extreme of not eating at all but just trying to get back on track.  I need to eat to live, not live to eat.  I've definitely been guilty of the latter as of late.  I mean, how sad is it that I go to bed thinking of how good my ice cold glass of Mt. Dew will taste when I wake up in the morning?  Yes, I have a problem.  I admit it.  Now for the ugly truth...the numbers! 

Current Weight: 187.6 lbs
Waist: 46"
Bust: 44"
Hips: 45"
Thigh: 21.25"
Bicep: 13.25"

Wow, I find that really depressing that my waist is bigger than my boobs.  That is not ok.  This 2 weeks is going to be HARD, but I can do it.  I like a challenge.  Then when it's over and I start a normal, healthy diet again (lean meats, lots of veggies, fruits, etc) I can go around feeling like I've won the biggest game ever because I'll have accomplished what I never thought possible.  I can do it, I know I can.  Wish me luck! 

8 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...


Good for you, you can do it. Why don't you let me take the mountain dew to my house for you so you don't have to hear it calling you .ha ha
I think it is hard to follow a diet, I think just eat very little and no soda and Excercise as much as possible. I bet some of your friends will want to try and lose weight with you, It might be easier if you have someone doing it with you..love you

Unknown said...

You got this! When I had lost 45 pounds it was because I prayed daily!

Unknown said...

You got this, no luck needed!

Kristy said...

good luck! This should be a great kick start, another program to try would be the whole 30 which helps you eliminate the sugars from your body

Kristy said...

This should be a great kick start, another great thing to try would be the whole 30 as John and I did that and lost a lot of inches and it helped me with my sugar need

Anna said...

I think the most important part of this challenge is recognizing the problem. You are already halfway there! Just knowing the difference between eating to live and living to eat is a huge step! Love you and I'm here for you. You CAN do this.

Anna said...

I think the most important part of this challenge is recognizing the problem. You are already halfway there! Just knowing the difference between eating to live and living to eat is a huge step! Love you and I'm here for you. You CAN do this.

summertime said...

Good luck doll!