Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 3 and VAHS lottery

IThis day has been the easiest thus far.  I do have a carton of mint chocolate chip ice cream staring at me everytime I open the freezer, but I have denied the urge to go at it.  After my saltine bing last night I haven't had anymore nausea or headache, but I do have a bit of face pain from the incision site.  It actually kinda feels like bone pain but I'm guessing that's just due to it being located on my cheekbone.  The dermatologist even called me last night to see how I was doing and remind me to take it easy fir a few days, that was sweet.  Today I actually had less of an appetite than normal which I'm going to take as a sign of my stomach slowly shrinking back to a normal size.  I had a much harder time downing the warm lemon water because it turned out super sour.  Since I had used up our 2 big mugs already I had to use a regular mug which meant the water to lemon ratio was off.  Therefore I didn't do the breakfast smoothie and instead just ate a banana.  When I start thinking about 'cheating' I keep praying and being reminded that God has provided all of these nutrient rich foods in abundance to not only sustain my body but to make it thrive!  I tried my hand at a ratatouille recipe tonight that included eggplant and it was all right.  I added some cubed chicken since I knew the kids would hate a plate full of cooked veggies, but they told me how gross it was anyway.  I can't say it was my favorite dish ever but it was edible and tony really liked it.  

Embry and I also went to the lottery at vail academy and high school today to see if she got into their kindergarten class.  They had 22 kinder spots and I think about 47 kids wanting in.  End of story is embry got spot 21 which means that if nothing else happens she will be in the class.  Although if another kid trying to get into another grade got in today with the lottery and they also had a sibling that was trying to get into kinder with the lottery, but didn't make the cut, then that sibling trying to get into kinder would automatically bump embry down a spot.  So if that happened twice then she would not have a spot in the class.  

No comments: