Saturday, February 15, 2014

Basal cell carcinoma

I had a spot on the left side of my face which I thought was a zit. I went to the dermatologist to have it looked at and he said it didn't look like anything but if it got bigger to come back in. Well it got bigger and I decided to go back in and they did a biopsy and it turned out that it was basal cell carcinoma.  It's the most common and least serious form of skin cancer, but still needs to be taken care of.  I go into the dermatologist on Tuesday afternoon to have Moh's surgery to get rid of it.  They will cut it out and then examine it under a microscope to see if the outermost layer that they cut still has abnormal cells in it. If it does then they go and cut more out and examine that until the outermost layer does not show any abnormal cells and then they stitch it up. 
The shiny pink spot by my hairline is the suspicious spot.  

And this is what it looks like after the scab from the biopsy fell off.  

Wish me luck! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How about prayers instead of the luck.

cara said...

Good Luck! Hope it goes well.

JoAnn Nehs said...

I am praying everything works out ok I am so sorry you have to go through all these problems, it breaks my heart. love you so much.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness. So common in Tucson but, no bueno. Praying a speedy recovery. Good for you not to ignore it.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness. So common in Tucson but, no bueno. Praying a speedy recovery. Good for you not to ignore it.