Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 2 & moh's surgery

Ugh, today was ROUGH!  I altered my smoothie so it was actually slightly enjoyable (a full banana and 1T of each flax seed and protein powder instead of 2T each).  At mops I didn't even visit the snack table (but saw from afar that it was filled with donuts and cookies, drool).  At about 10am I started getting what turned into a horrible headache.  When I got home from mops I felt nauseated and was so tired I fell asleep multiple times while tony was home for lunch.  Then it was time for my derm appt to have moh's surgery to remove the basal cell carcinoma.  Problem was that I still felt awful and they told me to eat a big meal before coming since it might take a while, but I only ate halftime salad for lunch since I was nauseous.  :/  Anyhow, good news is the surgery went well.  They only had to remove one chunk and then stitched me up.  Since I'm on blood thinners it's a little more concerning for recovery but they put me on antibiotics and gave me some Percocet just in case.  As I was getting stitched up, she told me that I was already bruising so I need to ice around the area to prevent swelling.  I keep this bandage on for 48 hours and then switch to a smaller bandage and then at 10 days I go back to have the stitches removed.  Bummer in all this is that since they put me on abx, I can't go in for my infusion again this week which was supposed to happen tomorrow.  Oh well, I'm. Sure I'll survive!  End of story is that I was still nauseous when I got home and I couldn't fathom eating any real food so I splurged and ate saltines.  Of course immediately felt better and rest assured those were the best crackers I've ever tasted!!!

No comments: