Thursday, June 24, 2010

19 Weeks

19 Weeks
Taken 6/24/10

We had our doctor appointment this morning. So basically things are looking good. I'm only having light red blood spotting at night and the rest of the time it's the clots dissolving and passing during the day. We got to hear the heartbeat, which is always reassuring and since I was in there last week, I've gained 2 lbs, so no worries there. We got the ultrasound scheduled for July 7th at 1pm and then a doctor appointment for the day after that. I haven't really been feeling much movement from Nola, but I think that would be normal having the placenta anterior and right over her. I'm hoping to feel more in the coming weeks.

I got a letter from my OB saying that starting in Dec (which luckily is after I'll have Nola), she will be taking off a semester of work to attend the U of A to study. She said to get further OB care she would recommend 1 of 3 doctors that she listed. I thought it was particularly funny because the first 2 doctors were doctors that I'm somewhat familiar with mostly because my friend Kim had the first one for her first child and the second one for her second. I thought it was funny because the first doctor is not someone she would ever recommend and the second, she highly recommends, yet my doctor thinks they're both good...just goes to show, people act differently in different settings. So when I was in there I asked her about it to see what she'd be studying...yep, large format photography. Let's just say I'm a little jealous.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations Leatrice!!! So fun that we are pregnant together again. We are having TWINS at Thanksgiving! I need to include it in the blog... and will next week after my sonogram. ;) Embry & Ellory will be great big sisters!

Leatrice said...

wow, holy cow, twins! That's fantastic! So you're about 17-18 weeks along?

JoAnn Nehs said...

This took me and hour to do. would not let me post a comment again. anyway.
I love reading your blogs, so glad you are doing OK after the last big scare. keep up the good work.