Thursday, July 1, 2010

20 Weeks

20 Weeks
Taken 7/1/10

I've reached the halfway point, yahoo!

Nola has been moving a lot more over the past week and Tony even got to feel it once! She moves mostly at night when I'm laying down and I just have time to concentrate on what she's doing. This is very reassuring to me. I just hope she's not having a good time kicking her placenta cuz we don't want that getting jiggled around.

Our ultrasound is on Wed and I'm excited to get some answers and see how everything's going in there. According to the dr, the placenta should be moved away from my cervix and the clots should be getting smaller based on the type/amount of blood loss I'm having. It will be good to see sweet little Nola again too, I just love her.

We (or really I should say Tony because I didn't move anything) moved both of my desks downstairs and out of the office and put the guest bed in the office with tony's desk. Tony then put together Embry's toddler bed and my mom is resizing one of my hello kitty bedding sets to fit her bed. The walls in that room are orange and I'm going to paint 2 of them pink, so it will be a very bright, fun, girly room when I'm through with it. We haven't tried to put Embry to sleep in her toddler bed yet, but we've showed it to her and she likes it quite a bit. She lays down and sits up over and over while saying, 'bed! bed! bed!' Somehow I don't think she'll be too thrilled when she realizes we've left the room and locked the door behind us. Oh well, I'm sure we'll all manage. I'm still not sure what to do with the dresser that's in there. Tony is using 3 drawers of it for his clothes and video games. I was thinking of trying to paint it white and then put neat pink handles on the drawers, but I'm not sure if it'll work to paint something with such a shiny veneer.

I'm really enjoying having my computer/sewing machine/scrapbook stuff downstairs. I do a lot in photoshop and Embry hated being cooped up in the office while I worked on pictures (or whatever else) so now I'm downstairs with her and I can edit pictures to my heart's content.

We're thinking of refinancing our house which would lower our interest rate over a percentage point and thus lower our payments about $150/month. I'm still not sure how good of a deal it is though. We have to put a lot of thought into this big of a decision. Tony also found out this week that he got a raise at work, which is fantastic! He works so hard and he's incredibly smart, I'm glad they are recognizing all his efforts. Plus, we really need to start saving money for a minivan. I'm serious. I went with my friend Sarah today in my car to run errands and we put Embry in her carseat and her baby in an infant car seat, then I had my stroller in the truck (bonus, need to get a double stroller which is even bigger), and we barely had room for the stuff we got at walmart...it was a tight squeeze. Anyhow, it's all a lot to think about.

2 comments:

cara said...

Yay for Tony! That's great! And glad to hear Nola is moving around, I'll be anxious to hear about the ultrasound.

JoAnn Nehs said...

Great blog entry. Glad everything is going ok.