Friday, July 9, 2010

21 Weeks

3D Face shot

3D profile, arm and ear

profile

another profile with foot above stomach

the remaining clot

21 week belly shot
taken 7/8/10


a foot

profile with hand above belly

3D shot of eyes, nose, mouth and arm next to face



We had an ultrasound on Wednesday and it was great! The news was that one clot has passed and the other one is still about the same size (like 1.4cm x 3cm) but it has moved a lot further away from my cervix. So that's all good, but my placenta has only slightly moved. Before the edge of it was just over the cervix and now it's pretty much right next to the cervix, still almost on it. So it is moving in the right direction, just very slowly.

The ultrasound tech was awesome and spent about 30 minutes just looking around. She got some great 3D shots and wouldn't give up until she got a good profile picture. That made me happy :) and not to toot my own horn, but my baby is so cute! Based on ultrasound pics, I think Nola will look a lot like Embry. Looks like she has the same nose and lips from the profile shots. I love her. I just want to hold her and squeeze her and give her lots of kisses!

I don't think I ever mentioned that I stopped nursing Embry after we got back from Maryland. I'm proud of myself. Although recently she's been having major issues (I think due to teething) and I sometimes wish I could just fix it, but I can't. She'll fall down or something, which normally doesn't phase her, and then cry uncontrollably for 30 minutes while I hold her. Nothing will calm her down...except maybe Elmo.

She won't share no matter what. She will take every toy that someone else has even if there are 100 other toys to play with. Then I have to rip it out of her hands while she throws a fit and give it back to the kid who had it in the first place. It's rather embarrassing, although I'm sure most parents understand since they go through the same thing themselves. I took her to the stay and play at the library on Tuesday and she had a great time, I think we'll be going semi-regularly from now on. They had just open play for about 45 minutes, then songs and dancing and instruments, it was fun. Last friday I had the girls over from my mops discussion group for swimming and pizza...besides embry stealing everyone's toys, it was a lot of fun! Today I'm going to clean up and then have some ladies over from the mom's group for swimming and snacks, I'm looking forward to it since Embry is being a complete crankster and swimming brightens her mood. :)

Oh ps, our white car stopped working. I knew this was bound to happen sometime soon. Argh. Tony's dad is coming over on Saturday to take a look at it. Basically when you stop or turn, then press on the gas, it won't accelerate and then all the lights on the dash come on. Then you have to pull over and restart it to get it going again. I pray it's an easy and inexpensive fix. We need a van. I'm so serious. Speaking of small cars, I was at costco the other day and I came out and a smart car was parked next to me...I stood there thinking, I can't fit my stuff from costco into my car, what in the world are these people getting that will fit in a smart car?!

Oh Also, we've been working on getting Embry's 'big girl room' all set up. It's sooo adorable, I want to move in there! I'll post pics once it's done, but for now, we left 2 walls orange and then painted the opposite walls hot pink. Her toddler bed is from Ikea and a bubble gum pink with red feet. Then my mom helped me sand down the dresser (which was very ugly from the 70's) and she watched Embry yesterday while I primed it and painted it the exact color of the bed (bubble gum pink). Now I need to get cute drawer pulls to put on there, like flowers, or red knobs or something. I also got these awesome curtains that are vertical striped with white, hot pink, light pink, lime green, blue, red, yellow, and orange. I can't wait till it's all done!

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

Great blog entry. Glad things seem to be going O.K. love you, can't wait to see little Nola.