Saturday, July 31, 2010

24 Weeks (2days)


24 Weeks (2 days)
taken 7/31/10

Today in Walmart Embry pointed out 'blue flowers' to me. I was kind of amazed that she put together that we were standing next to flowers, and blue ones at that, yay for her. :)

We had a fun time going to Breaker's water park in Marana for the Mom's Morning program yesterday. It starts a tad early (7:45am) and lasts for 2 hours. Basically moms and kids (who are under 48") can use the kiddie area for like $4.50. Embry was a little hesitant at first, but got pretty good at going down 3 of the slides all by herself and 2 other ones I had to push her down while she was screaming. Ha, I showed her! Anyhow, she had a blast and I think we'll be going back sometime before the summer is over.
Then we headed out to the Children's Museum to spend a few hours playing with Embry's friend, Noah. Embry loved it and had lots of fun, she especially liked the sand/light table. I swear she sat there for about a half hour just playing with the sand. Then we went with the Francisco's to Chick-Fil-A where Embry spilled her chocolate milk, played in the play area, threw a fit when we had to leave, and plopped herself face down on the floor in front of the door as I was trying to haul her outside. That's her new thing. When she gets upset, she just throws herself on the floor and whines, screams, cries. Normally I just walk away, but in public, not exactly the thing to do.
Funny Story: today while I was napping, Tony and Embry had this conversation:
T: *farting noise*
E: 'Dada, poopy'
T: 'That's right, dada does poop'
E: 'Ewwww, gross.'
Yep, that's my daughter.

In pregnancy news, I'm off pelvic rest, woohoo! I called the dr and she said she was very pleased with my ultrasound results. I also developed a weird itchy rash across my cleavage area, so I asked about that and she said from sweating etc you can get a yeast rash in certain areas and to put nystatin powder on it. It seems to be getting better. I'm getting to the point where I can tell when my bladder is full or my stomach is full because all my organs are getting squished more. Nola is still moving a lot. I can't wait to meet her. She's going to be so cute! :) I never said how I was feeling in last week's post, but not particularly good. Just the same stuff, but more of it...pain. Tony has been quite helpful though, giving me massages and trying to stretch out my sciatica. That's about it I guess. Dr. appt next week and then I'll find out when the next ultrasound is. Ooh, and I went and bought Nola one of those side snap t-shirt/long sleeved shirt/pant combo's for wearing in the hospital. It's super cute because it's zebra themed, so she will match my hospital gown. I LOVE MATCHING OUTFITS!

No comments: