Wednesday, October 1, 2008

33 Weeks

As you know, I was supposed to have my 32 week OB appt on Tuesday, but as I was about to pull into the parking lot the receptionist called me and said that the Dr had been called out for a delivery. She gave me 2 options: 1) go to the main office and they could try to fit me in (I almost laughed out loud at that because if it takes 1.5 hours past your appt time to get called into a room, then I don't even want to think about how long it would take them to 'fit you in') or 2) reschedule my appt for the next Tues (Oct 7). The second option was obviously the one that I chose. While I was talking to the receptionist I asked her if there was any way I could give a urine sample in the lab to see if I have a UTI, which I don't think I do, but it's better to be safe than sorry. She said that would be fine and I just got the results today which were totally normal, so yay for that.

This morning, at the unholy time of 7:15am, we had another ultrasound. What really shocked me being there that early was that there were actually women who had appointments before mine! I didn't even know places were open that early! By the time we got done (7:45), Target wasn't even open yet and in my opinion, the day has not begun until Target has opened. :) We got called into a room right away and had a young ultrasound tech. We got to see all of Embry's little parts which is always exciting. The new things were that she was opening and closing her eyes a lot and when she would open her mouth she would stick out her tongue...it was sooo cute! Her head, tummy, and femur were measured to estimate her weight at 4lbs 7oz and the fluid level was 12cm (it's supposed to be between 5-25 with a target of 10-15) so she's growing just perfectly. I'm once again quite certain that she has my chin, mainly from the face on picture, and definitely her daddy's lips.

Tony's mom and sister came down last weekend and his mom and he put together the travel system. Now we just need to install the carseat in my car and make sure it's in there properly. I also wrote out a "birth plan" which basically consists of what I do and do not want. I stopped by TMC to drop off a copy of my living will, found out that since they don't have a chart for me yet it would most likely get lost before I deliver, so I'm spos to bring it with me to L&D when I go in. They also said that my preregistry went through and that you are definitely allowed to take pics in an operating room (in case of a c-section) which Marjorie (birthing instructor) said you could not do. Although the ladies at the front desk weren't sure if the husband was allowed in the operating room or not...well in that case I'm a little confused about who exactly would be taking pictures, haha.

I hung up the other 2 corner shelves in the nursery, it looks so cute, can't wait to put a cute little baby in there! I got the goods to go in the favor bags for the baby shower (including getting the bags, which I had previously planned on ordering online) and I started putting them together. For some reason, that really excites me, I think it ties to the fact that I LOVE giving presents!

Here are the ultrasound pics followed by my 33 week belly shots. The second US pic shows the chin I mentioned earlier and the third pic shows her sticking her tongue out. :)









2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know of any operating room where the husband would not be allowed in for the delivery. So don't worry, he'll be able to take pictures if that happens!

JoAnn Nehs said...

IKNOW YOU LOVE GIVING PRESENTS, I HAVE BEEN THE RECIPIANT OF YOU GENEROUSITY.
YOU ARE DOING GREAT LEATRICE, LOOKING GOOD. WON'T BE LONG NOW. THE ULTRASOUND PICTURES ARE GREAT. LOVE YOU TONY AND EMBRY SO MUCH, LOVE MOM LOVE YOUR BLOGS, AND YOU ARE REALLY GETTING BIG IN THE BELLY. IS IT GETTING A LITTLE UNCOMFORATABLE.