Thursday, October 16, 2008

35 Weeks






Only 34 Days to go!

My pregnancy tickers now tell me that my uterus is 1000 times larger than its original size and that Embry is urinating a pint each day. Not sure if I should be happy about either of these, but interesting facts none the less.

We took some more 'nice' maternity pics on my birthday last week. They are in this facebook album for your viewing pleasure.

My back is a tad bit better. I've been talking 1/2 percocet every evening and it pretty much takes the edge off the pain, so it's not quite excruciating. The top right quadrant of my tummy is numb, which leads me to believe that she is in fact pinching a nerve. I'm leaning towards going into labor on my own instead of being induced, but the option is still on the table. My first physical therapy appt is tomorrow and they probably won't actually do anything except show me how to stretch, but I am still holding out hope that I might get a massage. :) I'm feeling a lot more pressure in my pelvic area, so I'd imagine that means Embry has dropped down some. You can see in my face forward belly pic the couple of stretch marks that I've gotten on the lower right side of my belly (which is where Embry's head is located).

Tony found out that IBM offers the exact breast pump that I wanted at a discounted rate, so I got it! It was supposed to be $280, but through IBM it was only $125. It's the Pump in Style by Medela, the shoulder bag version and I've heard it's a good one.

Nursery Update: My mom and dad made and installed a wall shelf in the nursery on which I placed all of Embry's stuffed animals. It looks fantastic and I can't wait until she's here so she can enjoy her room...or rather I can enjoy her in her room since I'm sure she won't really be aware of how cool it is!

Baby Shower Update: It's on Sunday! I'm so excited, it'll be so fun! The favor bags are completely done and tomorrow I will be starting the cake and starting (and hopefully finishing) the baby shaped pinata. I'll definitely post a picture of that (even if it's a miserable failure cuz that would be pretty hilarious) next week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

thats great about the breast pump, your cake was fantastic, and the pinata was just so so cute. you are the most talented person craft wise I have ever seen. wont be long now. love you mom