Thursday, September 25, 2008

32 Weeks

Only 55 days to go!  

We had our 3rd and final birthing class on Saturday.  I was very happy to find that the life size illustrations were there and I got to take a picture with one of them.  We also got a pic of us with our "baby doll" and a pic of Tony's first attempt at swaddling.  I thought it was very cute that he first tried to put the blanket down like a square instead of a diamond.  I'm thinking it might be a good idea for us to go to the 'baby basics' class at Babies R Us on Oct 1.  I think I've got a good idea of how to do stuff and I'm sure it's something that comes naturally, but I'd rather be overly prepared in that department.  So, about the birthing class, 
Marjorie (the instructor) said somewhere in there that contractions shouldn't hurt, I was like, umm pretty sure a lot of women would disagree with you on that one!  I asked about being given a hand breast pump at the hospital and she said they definitely do not do that, so I asked Kim about it and she said it was the lactation consultant that gave her one in the hospital.  I'll have to make sure to see her after I give birth.  

This leads me to another interesting/long story about Babies R Us.  So, I was going to BRU last Friday to use a 15% off any one item coupon which I was going to buy the breast pump with.  First of all it's the most expensive item on the registry and I'm thinking people aren't naturally inclined to buy a breast pump for someone else. Well after spending WAY TOO LONG waffling in BRU with Kim and Haley, I decided that if I get a hand one in the hospital then I can try that out and see if I'll need the electric one and just buy it later one with another 15% off coupon. Ok so that was settled, I wasn't buying it.  Then my mom had given me this ticket for when you start your registry at BRU you turn in the ticket and they give you a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25, so I give it to the lady who works there, she comes back later and says that they don't have that deal anymore but instead she can give me a 20% off any one item coupon (which is a way better deal anyway).  Then I had a huge conundrum.  The other part of the issue was that I found a great glider/recliner and ottoman that I could order in a non-microfiber chocolate brown fabric, but it was $400 for the chair and $180 for the ottoman, and the coupons weren't good on 'special orders' so I asked if that would qualify as a 'special order'.  The lady said yes and that solved that problem, there's no way I'm spending that much money on a chair!  I ended up deciding the use the 20% off coupon on the travel system (which is what we needed most and also really expensive) and getting the play yard (also expensive and item we needed second most) with the 15% off coupon.  Ok, so that's all well and good and I go to check out and the girl says that if she puts the travel system and the play yard on the same receipt then the 20% will come off the most expensive item (travel system, which was the plan) and then the 15% will come off the most expensive item (still the travel system since it costs more, even with 20% off, than the play yard).  So I thought, well yeh, do that cuz then I'm saving more money than I would otherwise, which is what she did, although I'm fairly certain they're not supposed to use 2 coupons on one item. Then when I get home, I told Tony what I got (last he heard I was going to get the breast pump) and he was definitely upset.  I think the main issue was that he wanted me to wait to buy anything until after the baby shower.  Well so since I didn't actually get any money off on the play yard, we ended up returning that the next day and putting it back on the registry and all is well again.  

While at BRU, I also got his wooden pink/sparkly elephant to hang above the closet in the nursery and by some MIRACLE the smallest JoAnn fabric on earth (up on Roger and Oracle) happened to have 2 of the white corner shelves just sitting in some random spot, which I found and bought.  :)  I still have to hang those up, but I plan on doing that tomorrow.  The other thing is that I found out (due to baby sitting Haley) is that my swing needs new batteries.  I accidentally left the old ones in there since I bought it about 2 years ago, ha.  

Ok so I never mentioned this before because I didn't think it was relevant since it's really common among the preggers, but here goes.  So I'm been leaking pee for about 5 months.  It's basically like a dribble throughout each day and doesn't bother me, although, I'm sorry if I smell haha.  Then I read in my pregnancy book that leaking pee (called stress incontinence) is totally normal during pregnancy, but that you should mention it to your OB anyway because it could be a sign of a UTI.  Well it's a little late since it's been going on so long, but I'm going to have the OB run a urine culture when I see her on Tuesday anyway.  

I had a bit of an issue yesterday.  I really didn't want to take any of the percocet that my OB prescribed, but after about 8 months of not getting a migraine, I got one yesterday.  So I took a half of a pill and it definitely helped, didn't make all the pain go away but good enough, and the best part is it didn't make me nauseous!  At MOPS last week a woman was talking about Post Partum Depression and she said something that I found really enlightening.  She said that God created medication for a reason, because sometimes we need a little help and it is ok to use medication for a good purpose and in a good way.  So even though I didn't want to take the meds, I guess that under the right circumstances, it is OK to get a little help.  

Our next ultrasound is on Wed, so next time I'll be posting new U/S pics!  I'm so excited to see my baby again!  :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

Okay, well, first I must say that you are going to want the electric breastpump!! As for everything else...super cool on finding those perfect items for the nursery. But, Tony is right.... you need to leave a few things on your registry for people to buy you. Sometimes family members like to buy "bigger" items...so if the only big items are a pack'n'play and a breastpump, you could just end up getting it. So, stop the shopping!! :) Love your post. You crack me up.

JoAnn Nehs said...

I Look so forward to reading your blog every Thursday evening. So sorry about the headache. You never complain, you are very tough. And what is your instructor at the birthing place on to say labor doesn't hurt. It does but with all the pain and problems you have had to endure with your lupus I'm sure you will do just fine. And it is all worth it anyway. I'm excited to see our new Grandaughter. You will be a great mother. just like you are a great daughter. I love you love mom