Friday, May 30, 2008

15 Weeks

The 15 week mark is already here and gone (yesterday) and I can't believe the time is going so fast! It seems like just yesterday I was standing in my kitchen with Allison telling her that I was 13 weeks along and now it's already 2 weeks later. Wednesday is my next prenatal appointment and I'm excited/nervous to hear the heartbeat again. I was going to say that I don't think my nervousness will ever go away, but I think it will lessen to a great extent when I can feel the baby moving. Then I won't have to hear the heartbeat to know that my baby is still kicking, haha, pun intended. I'm a dork. My pregnancy week by week book says that within the next couple of weeks I should be able to feel the baby move, so I'm very attuned to what my stomach is up to. I'll definitely post if I feel anything that slightly resembles a baby moving.

So the most exciting news, that I forgot to post in the last blog entry, is something that happened last weekend. The back story is that I've been getting a lot of input on our name choice for a girl. Basically either people flat out say they don't like that name, say that our girl will be called embryo for her whole life and hate us (and side note, did I ever think that I hated my parents when I got called peeatrice or poopatrice or leatard the reatard? The answer is no, I was happy to have such a unique and beautiful name), or don't say anything which means they don't like it. So last weekend as I was trying on a bagillion maternity clothes my friend Sarah was reading through a "cool baby name book" (that's literally what it was called) and guess what name happened to be in there...Embry! That's right, the name I had picked out since I was about 17 is in an actual baby name book and it's spelled without an 'e' inbetween the 'r' and 'y'. Take that! To avoid the whole embryo problem I was going to change the spelling that I liked the best (Embry) and switch it to Embrey (kinda like aubrey), but since it's in a baby name book without the extra 'e' I kinda feel like I don't have to put in the extra 'e' either. This also leaves me with another issue. All of the girl names we picked we picked #1 because we love them and #2 because they don't show up in the top 1000 girl names for the past 100 years, so they're unique. Well now that Embry is in a baby name book I'm worried that there will be an onslaught of baby Embrys running around, but this is unlikely since apparently nobody likes that name in the first place haha.

I was talking with Tony yesterday about something that a friend from high school was saying about the baby name her and her hubby picked out. Basically it's the theory that if you don't tell people what name you picked till you actually attach it to a baby (after it's born) then they're a lot less likely to criticize it. Well this is a very good theory and I do happen to agree, but knowing myself and knowing that we already have the first 3 girl and first 3 boy names picked out, I will not be able to keep my mouth shut for that long! So I guess I'll just have to take the good with the bad and oh well, we picked the names because we love them and we're the parents so that's a special thing that we get to do. The way I picked girl names was thinking if I would have enjoyed having that name growing up, if I would have received compliments on it, and if I'd like it for an adult name...with Embry, the answer to all 3 is yes, so I'm happy with it. Oh and bonus, there's this adorable onesie that we HAVE to get for our baby if it's a girl!

Ok here's the 15 week belly shot!

No comments: