Wednesday, May 7, 2008

12 Weeks



Honestly, if you can't see my lower abdomen bulging out by now, you are no longer my friend!

Anyhow, had my 12 week appt today with the ob. I thought last time I went in they might be just having a busy day or something because it took 1.5 hours past my appt time to get me into the room. Well apparently that's how they always are because it was exactly the same today. One of the ladies in the waiting room even had to reschedule because she had somewhere else to be. I have to say it's a good thing I don't work because I can't imagine sitting there that long when you're supposed to be somewhere else!

So both the nurse and the nurse practitioner commented on my weight loss (12 lbs down total) and asked if I had been throwing up to which I said no, but I have been eating a lot less than normal. Over the past week I've been feeling a lot better in that regard and even got to have panda express which was fantastic! I'm sure the pounds will get packed on in no time!

I asked her about 20 questions and I will go over the important/exciting ones now. First, best of all, we're getting an ultrasound scheduled for right around June 24, so we will know the sex before I go back to WI this summer!!!!!! She said as long as the baby cooperates (and why would my baby not cooperate for a picture?!) then at 18.5 weeks the ultrasound will be extremely reliable in determining the gender. Secondly, and I'm not sure but it might be more exciting, I can go to Noah's Ark this summer in the Dells!!!!! I asked her about water slides at around 19 weeks and she's actually been to the Dells before and said as long as I use my judgment on which would be really rambunctious and stay off those ones that water slides would be perfectly fine. Oh that's such great news, Tony's going to love Noah's Ark! Also found out that I can take prilosec for the acid reflux, which is going to help me a lot. I can have the occasional lunch meat (in a sub or whatever) and the occasional hot dog, no biggie. I can take a hot bath if I like and bonus, I can put my heating pad on my back! These are all great things and I was so happy to hear all this good news!

I got to hear the heartbeat again. It was 152 bpm during the ultrasound and I forgot to ask what it was today. I was surprised to hear how different the heartbeat sounded using the small Doppler as opposed to the ultrasound machine. It was very loud and strong during the ultrasound but a lot more muffled today. The heart's beating and that's all I needed to know! Also found out that last time my HCG level was like 150,000 or some crazy big number like that, so I definitely have a sticky little turkey in the oven!

Then after I left I went to the post office and mailed all the announcements...oh gosh, I'm so excited for people to find out, it's going to be great!

My next appt is June 4th at 16 weeks. The dr is ordering some blood tests for down's syndrome and something else I can't remember right now, so I might go in before 16 weeks to give blood. I am so happy I'm over the first trimester, now I can be calm and cool and relaxed and just work on making a healthy little baby. :) Life is so good!

1 comment:

Rach said...

okay, new post, please. i believe this one is no longer current! oh, and your dress today was super cute! yay for the mini baby bump. :)