Sunday, May 18, 2008

13 Weeks

I know, I know, I'm a little late in posting this. This weekend was Tony's graduation from the U of A and we had Tony's grandma, aunt, and uncle down as well as his mom, sister, and brother. It was a really good time and I got lots of great pictures (which of course is the most important thing).I must say that I am definitely looking pregnant, no question about it. :) Yay! I am feeling pretty good and, dare I say, actually better than before I was pregnant. The prednisone is certainly helping my shoulder and hip, although I am awake between 1 and 5 am every morning. I'm eating a lot more now that the morning sickness is gone and I thought that would at least help me maintain my weight if not gain some, but low and behold, I've lost another pound. That's up to a 13lb weight loss thus far, but I'm not worried, I'm obviously still pregnant :)

Yesterday I got to see 2 of my pregnant friends at Tony's graduation party. Kim was there and she's looking just wonderful, only 6 more weeks to go for her! Then we got a surprise visit from a couple that was in our old young marrieds group at the Assembly. Daniel, Anca, and their little boy, Joshua, came down from Phoenix to wish Tony a happy graduation. Anca is about 1.5 months ahead of me in her 2nd pregnancy, so we compared bellies!

So everyone got their baby announcements around Sat, May 10th. Tony's mom had gotten a call from a friend who got her announcement before Tony's mom, so she told Tony's mom while she was at work. I asked what Tony's mom's reaction was and she said that she screamed, then cried, then got yelled at for making such a ruckus at work. That's pretty funny. Then she called me and was pretty much screaming into the phone, she was excited. A lot of other people called or messaged me to congratulate us. The other funny one was when my mom and I called my sister Jenifer on Mother's Day to wish her a happy 1st Mother's day and to figure out why she hadn't called to congratulate me yet. Well, we asked her if she got anything in the mail and she said yes, but that she hadn't opened them yet. So we told her to open it while she was on the phone and she was like "oh? Oh? What's this? What? Are you kidding me?! What?!" I assured her it was not a joke and she was very happy for us and I think especially because our kids will be so close in age, how fun! Later on she revealed that when she first opened the card she was very confused because she thought I had sent her back a picture from her ultrasound, but then she read the bottom and realized what it was.

Oh and here's one last picture from the water balloon toss where you can easily see that I'm with child. :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chelly & Co. said...

You look great!! Don't worry, I lost 16 pounds in my first trimester and ended up having an almost 10 pound baby :o)