Friday, May 2, 2008

11 Weeks

So here is my 11 week belly shot!




















I definitely can see something starting to bulge out near the bottom there, but I'm sure nobody else can tell. :) Also, I had to go into photoshop to erase the very apparent armpit hair that I have been growing, woops. We have friends coming over for dinner tonight, so I should probably do something about that!

I am just dying to send out the announcements and tell everyone the good news. I talked to tony's mom on the phone last night about his graduation party (and she's helping out with food and stuff, which is such a blessing right now) and I was just busting at the seams to hear her reaction when she finds out she's gonna be a grandma. Ahhh, it's going to be soooo great! I told our real estate lady on Wed when we signed the papers on the house because I figured it'd be a while before I'd see her again. She was very excited, but I felt like I was almost jinxing myself by telling her at 11 weeks instead of 12. I also had a dream last night that I was bleeding profusely and everyone was just like "well you must have gotten your period" but I would exclaim "I'm not supposed to get my period, I'm pregnant!" I'm sure it means nothing, but it freaked me out none the less. Speaking of dreams, Tony had one the other night where I had twin girls. Hello Heaven! However then his dream turned into some video game scenario where he got to blow things up.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here, but I think it has to do with baby, so here goes. Since I'm pregnant and have lupus it would be a good idea to get in to see a rheumatologist fairly soon. Well, I could go to the one I've gone to for the past 3 years, but I've decided that I really don't like her after a number of things that have gone on, so I refuse to go to her again. This leaves me trying to get in to see a new rheumatologist somewhat on this side of town that takes Health Net insurance. Well to make a long story short, this new lady said that she wouldn't schedule an appt for me until I went to see my primary care physician again (I hadn't seen him in a year cuz I didn't have insurance) and also that she was booked until July even though I told them I was pregnant. So I had an appt with him (my pcp) yesterday and I told him about my shoulder and hip pain that have been getting worse over the past 6 months or so and I knew it was a rheumatological problem which is what he said and that I should see the rheumatologist for it. I explained to him the whole situation and that I was seeing him so I could see the rheumy etc and he really wanted me to get in to see her before July because hello, I'm pregnant. Anyhow, he basically gave me a temporary bandaid solution which is to do a taper of prednisone (which I hate) for 3 weeks and hopefully it will tide me over till I can see the rheumy. I wonder if this rheumatologist is going to be worth all the work I'm going through just to get an appt and it bothers me that people are so ho-hum about this 'high risk' pregnancy kinda being a big deal for me.

Although I did feel a bit validated when he acknowledged that I actually was in pretty bad pain (which is the exact opposite of how my old rheumy acted, part of the reason I'm not going to her again) and then I also started crying (due to hormones I'm on the edge at all times now) when I realized that my doctor really wanted to help me, but that there is literally nothing they can do. Oh well, such is life.

One more week and the cat will be out of the bag!!!!!

1 comment:

Rach said...

I honestly think I am almost as excited as you are for the "cat to be out of the bag". I know what it is like to keep that secret and it is fun, but so exciting to share the news, too. Can't wait to hear all the reactions.
Oh, and I was thinking... you should come to MOPS when it starts back up after the summer. It will start in September. You can start coming then (it is for pregnant ladies and moms with kids up to 5 years).