Thursday, June 5, 2008

16 Weeks

Look at me go, posting on the correct day!

I had an appt with the OB yesterday morning. I was only waiting 1hr & 10min past my appt time instead of 1.5 hours like normal, so they were surprisingly 20 minutes ahead of schedule. I feel like asking them if I should just show up an hour after the time they tell me, so then I'll be a happier patient. During the long time I was waiting, I eavesdropped on a couple in the waiting room who had a little boy about 18 months old. The thing that was interesting to me was how interested the husband was in what his wife had to say. She was talking about things like her sister or brother and her friends etc and he actually responded with questions and comments that proved he was really listening, it's not something you see everyday. While I was in the room I found out that according to their scale I only lost a total of 6 lbs (although I didn't go in there right away) and that I haven't gained any weight back yet. Well according to my scale I lost a total of 13 lbs and I recently gained back about 4 lbs. My blood pressure and urine were fine as usual and then she used the dopplar to check for the heartbeat. There was about a 3 second window where she was looking too high that I almost went into panic mode, but then she lowered the probe and we got a strong heartbeat. It sounded a lot clearer/stronger this time than it did last time with the dopplar, so that was reassuring. The heartrate was 158 bpm. She did confirm that the slightly raised bumps on my left leg are skin tags, not pretty, but I can deal with them. Then I had some blood drawn for the downs syndrome and cystic fibrosis tests and made an appt for July 10 which is the day after we get back from WI. So now it's a waiting game for the BIG ultrasound on the 24th. I'd be pretty surprised if it turns out to be a boy, but I guess you never really know.

The only other semi-interesting baby related news is that I'm supposed to be able to feel the baby move sometime here and I'm hoping that will happen soon. I've been trying to be more in tune with what my belly is doing, but most of the time when I tune in I just find either extreme fullness or extreme hunger. So come on baby, start moving!

1 comment:

Kacy said...

Hey LC! You should switch to the Birth Center - I don't remember ever waiting longer than maybe 10 minutes. C'mon, do it!!!

Just teasing you of course. I first felt Drew move at about 19 weeks.