Thursday, June 12, 2008

17 Weeks


I'm 17 weeks pregnant today and I'm feeling pretty good.

For whatever reason my hip and shoulder pain have subsided, I'm not going to question it, I'll just be happy about it and consider it a blessing. I've been getting a few headaches lately, but nothing (and I mean nothing) compared to the headaches I got before I was pregnant, so also, not a problem. I'm only waking up once a night to go to the bathroom and then I got right back to sleep, but I have to say I'm more tired now than I was a couple of weeks ago at the beginning of the second trimester.

I'm still not sure if I'm feeling the baby move at all yet. I'm pretty sure that what I'm feeling is just indigestion or something, but every once in a while I think I feel something, it's probably just my imagination playing tricks on me.

When Jen was down here last year and she was pregnant (but we didn't know it) she was saying that maybe I was pregnant, and I was like, no if I was pregnant my stomach wouldn't be all mushy, it would be hard. Well the main thing I've noticed over this past week is that my stomach is definitely a lot tighter/harder than it used to be. I thought it would only be tighter on the bottom (where the baby is) but it's tighter all over already. That makes me excited! I really don't see a huge change in my stomach, you know like when people say, "wow you've really popped!" I still see gradual changes so I'm hoping that over the next 2 weeks it really 'pops' so I won't feel so silly having baby showers while we're back in WI.

When I was in Phoenix with Sarah, Jamie gave me the Colby Caillat cd and said that I'd like the song 'Capri' well she was right. I LOVE that song. I'm guessing Capri is the name of the mother, but it could be the name of the baby, either way I love it. You can go here to listen to the song, it's great, makes me cry which I'd like to blame on hormones, but really I'm just sap. Here are the lyrics:


She’s got a baby inside
And holds her belly tight
All through the night
Just so she knows
She’s sleeping so
Safely to keep
Her growing
And oh when she'll open her eyes
There'll be no surprise
That she'll grow to be
So beautifully
Just like her mother
That’s carrying
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
There is an angel growin’ peacefully
Oh Capri
Sweet baby
And things will be hard at times
But I've learned to try
Just listening
Patiently, oh Capri
Sweet baby
Oh Capri
She’s beauty
Baby inside she’s loving
Oh Capri
Your beauty
Just like your mother
That’s carrying...Oh Capri

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

oh thats so cute the whole blog and the song im so happy for you, glad you are fealing ok love mom