Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's a...

....... GIRL !!!!!!!

Baaaaaaa! I'm soooooo excited! I knew it, haha, woohoo, yahoo, other various exclamations of joy!

So the ultrasound was good, beforehand not so much. I asked if there was any
way that I could have Tony take a video of the ultrasound if I signed a release form or something, they said no. So basically we got called in like 2 minutes after that interaction and I was on the verge of tears spilling down my cheeks, I was none too happy. The ultrasound lady was very nice and told us everything that was going on. Our baby is adorable if I do say so myself! She's got a cute button nose and all her measurements were good, so no deformities...always a plus. She was scrunched up into a ball a lot of the time with her hands in front of her face and her knees pulled to her chest, so cute. She's head down facing forward (so her back is to my back) and I have an anterior placenta which isn't a problem just means the placenta is on the front of my stomach instead of the back. That does mean, however, that it will take longer for Tony to be able to feel her move from the outside, but no biggie. The appt took about 25 minutes and then we were done and I decided that the baby wanted a celebratory sausage mcmuffin with egg on the way home, which was delic. The print outs that we got are cute. I think the profile ones could be a little better but like I said, her hands were near her face the whole time so what can you do?

Profile close up

Profile farther away

Little arms and hands :)

Both little feet :) :)

The girl parts
which basically means there's nothing there.

The girl parts again just for good measure.
Also I'd point out the 3 little dots to you, but that's too hard to do on a blog.


Finally, this is me afterwards being excited
and giving a thumbs up for a GIRL!



7 comments:

Rach said...

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how thrilled you must be that SHE is healthy and all is well with HER growth. That is terrific. But, uh, what about Tony? How is he feeling? Can't wait to hear more about the appointment, face to face. Unfortunately, we won't be there tomorrow night, so I'll just be an excuse for you to share the story again. :) Congrats again!

Rach said...

Oh, and what is the deal with "three little dots"? I didn't understand that.

Dorothea said...

I am not sure if I posted my first comments, so I will have to post this, look and if it is not there, I will retype it!!!

Signed - computer retard

Dorothea said...

You will never let me live this down LOL!!! I am sooooo excited, I can't wait to put frilly dresses on my granddaughter!! You are so beautiful and I know that she will be one of the most beautiful girls in the world :) Tony called me to ask if I had been on the blog yet (of course I hadn't yet). Tony would NOT tell me the sex, I HAD to go on the blog to find out, while he was on the phone LOL You two are going to make me do this computer thing! I am so proud of you and Tony and I love her name and the middle name ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

JoAnn Nehs said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND TONY AND SO IS DAD THAT IS GREAT SORRY I FORGOT TO ASK YOU HOW YOUR APPT WENT I WAS SO ENTRENCHED IN OUR PROBLEMS THAT IT JUST SLIPPED MY MIND.
HOW EXCITING ILL BET YOU ARE BOTH OVERJOYED. I DONT UNDERSTAND THE 3 LITTLE DOTS EITHER. BIG DAY FOR YOU GUYS COLTER WILL HAVE A LITTLE GIRL TO GROW UP WITH THAT IS IF JEN MOVES OUT HERE. WAY TO GO, GOOD JOB SHE WILL BE JUST AS SPECIAL AND BUEATIFUL AS YOU . LOVE MOM SEE YOU TOMORROW

Esteban said...

I think your daughter would have preferred a bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle... but because she loves you, she will let this slide.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember when we found out the sex of our son. It was kind of funny because she drew an arrow pointing to his groin and wrote "PENIS!" or something to that effect on the ultra sound. lol.

Anyway. I am happy for you guys, wish you the best, and I will definitely continue praying for you all.

Kacy said...

Congrats, I guess, even though I was hoping for a boy. Just kidding - I'm thrilled for you guys!!! I guess Drew & Cody will have to duke it out to be her boyfriend. It's just great to know that she's healthy and perfect. Isn't it amazing to get a glimpse of that little person inside you?