Friday, March 28, 2008

Saltines are my New Best Friend

I really think that my mother-in-law is going to figure out that I'm pregnant when they come down next weekend to help us move. When Tony was on the phone with her the other day she asked "Is Leatrice pregnant?" His response was "we're working on it." I can't ever remember her asking if I was pregnant before, so the fact that she knows we've been trying can't possibly be the reason she asked. So I've come to the conclusion that she's got ESP.

Symptoms
So I'm having quite a few symptoms now. I am NOT nor would I EVER complain about being pregnant, it's just that this is what goes along with the whole process and I want to document. So having said that, here we go!

I thought it was really odd in the beginning because I've been on these ivillage message boards for quite a while and it seems that every month every woman on there (including myself) finds a glimmer of hope in anything that might even possibly be construed as a "pregnancy symptom." Well, what I thought was odd is that I didn't really start experiencing any symptoms until about 22 days past ovulation. That's over a week after my period was due.

To begin with it was basically the acid reflux kicked into high gear. I have it pretty bad normally (without meds I throw up into my mouth at least 7 times a day) but with prilosec it pretty much is gone. So I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy or not being able to take the prilosec (I switched to Zantac) or most likely it was a combo of both factors, but it got worse.

Then just general tiredness. Like the previously mentioned symptom, had that before as well, now it's pretty much the same.

These last two came on at pretty much the same time, about a week ago.
Nausea and constipation.
These are definitely the kickers. And once again, I had these before too. Before it was kind of a touch and go thing, now it's more constant. I pretty much am afraid to eat anything, but then I also feel hungry. I think I've just discovered that by trying not to eat anything I was just making it worse. Although, I did lose a pound. God should have made it where you get this whole morning sickness thing when you're not pregnant, it'd be a great diet tool! Also, I've never been so happy to poop in my life! It's the little things, it really is.

I really could be a walking ad for pepto bismol:
nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, constipation!
Ok so I changed that last one, but it's close enough.

1 comment:

Esteban said...

Didn't know you were with child! Congrats to the Ciaravella family! We will be praying that everything goes well. I think I also read something about high-risk pregnancy. Looks like we will have to be super fervent then. Talk to you soon!

Esteban (and Danielle... and sleeping baby Noah)