Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Insurance

Woohoo!

I've already made and canceled 2 ob/gyn appointments due to insurance issues. First I was just going to make an appointment and pay for it myself. At my regular ob that would be $140 out of pocket just for the blood pregnancy test. Then I'd have to go to some orientation thing, then make an appointment to actually see the dr and have the whole workup done (who knows how much that would cost). Also, I really don't like my ob in the first place. So then I talked to Sarah who shares and ob with Meredith and they both like her a lot, so I called up her office and they do the whole workup on the first visit which would cost me about $175 out of pocket plus however much the blood tests run through the lab. So then I decided that I would just wait until I got my insurance through medicare and then call to make an appt with Sarah's dr. Well then I realized a few days later that I would now qualify for ahcccs because baby makes 3! So I went and applied right away, then all I could do was wait to get the info in the mail...or so I thought.

I called ahcccs this morning to see if I made an appt and went would ahcccs reimburse me after the fact. Well it's nearly impossible to get an actual person on the phone, but finally someone answered! He ran my social and he said that my coverage date started on march 22 and it's retro back to march 1! So this is fantastic!

I made an appt with Sarah's dr for April 9 and I'm hoping they'll schedule me for an ultrasound soon thereafter. They said they will do an ultrasound if they either don't know when you conceived (and I obviously know that date) or they want to check the pregnancy's viability. I'm thinking since this is a high-risk pregnancy from Lupus and I could throw in that I've been having cramping (which is generally completely normal) that they'd order an ultrasound. I can't wait to see my little baby! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Sorry, I'm excited.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm glad you got all the insurance stuff together!! That is fantastic. I hope you like her! And hopefully soon we'll be sharing her together for the same reason!