Monday, March 24, 2008

6 Weeks Now


As I was lying in bed this morning, I had a realization. God really knows that I can do this. By giving me this pregnancy, he is showing that I am capable of carrying a miracle in my body. He is saying that I’m capable of raising a child.

For so long I’ve thought that on the days when I literally cannot move from my bed, I would neglect a child. I remember a few months ago after a trip to Young Marrieds I came home and completely broke down to Tony. I was sobbing thinking that I could never be a good mother because of circumstances in my life, but now I know that’s not true. By giving me this gift that I never thought I could posses, God is also giving me another gift. He’s giving me the gift of assurance in knowing that he wouldn’t entrust such a precious miracle to me unless he knew that I could not only sustain a child, but nourish it. I am no longer fearful because I know that God is working through me and he will not let me down.

Another realization was that God picked me out all the people in the world to have this particular child. I mean, how awesome is that?! The odds were definitely against me in that equation, but it shows me just how much God loves me. I’ve always known he loves me, this just shows how much…and it’s a lot.


6 week belly shot

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wait, did you say you're PREGNANT??????? YAY!

drfrancisco said...

As someone with a chronic illness (CFS) I've had the same doubts and fears on those days when getting out of bed was comparable to climbing Everest. Isn't God amazing at relieving our fears and showing us how capable we really are.