Wednesday, September 1, 2010

29 Weeks


29 Weeks
Taken 9/2/10


I went to the OB on Monday. She said the cysts in my placenta are insignificant. They'll continue to do monthly ultrasounds to make sure Nola is growing on track and that will tell us if the cysts are causing any problems. Most likely all will be well. My feet started swelling on Sunday (I'm guessing from the deep bathroom cleaning I did) and she just said to keep them elevated or go swimming. My blood pressure was totally fine, like 114/70, so no worries there. My weight was up to 162 according to their incredibly skewed scale. I started my Non-stress tests today. They'll be every Monday and Thursday at 3pm till the end of the pregnancy. I've been having some contractions (I'm guessing just braxton hicks) and we'll see how that gets translated in the NST. I didn't really have any today while I was there. Basically they take you into an ultrasound room, do a very quick u/s (like 2 min) and measure the fluid levels in 4 quadrants and look at the heart. Then you go into another room with about 5 recliners and monitoring computers and you get the 2 stomach belts strapped on to monitor the baby's heartbeat and contractions. You sit there for 20 minutes and the nurses are looking for at least 2 accelerations of the baby's heartbeat within a 20 min period. That is what happened today and it was actually pretty relaxing for me. I told them I'd be coming in everday just to rest. :) Oooh, next ultrasound is scheduled for Sept 21.

I called my insurance co and they said that the hospital wasn't supposed to charge me the $80 extra for the ultrasound. Hopefully they can get that straightened out without a lot of hassle. I'm now wondering if my trip to the ER was actually supposed to be $50 (like it says in the insurance book) instead of the $205 they ended up charging me. I should probably look into that.

The house refinance went through, so woohoo! We did pretty well keeping to our budget in August except for the fact that we had unexpected car repairs and I got a crown on my molar, so those things combined put us in the red once again. Sept should be good since we don't have to pay our full mortgage payment this month. Hopefully we can put all that we get back from our escrow account into savings.

Speaking of money, I got some cute matching outfits for Nola and Embry at Target. One is a sweatshirt/onesie/pants combo with elephants on it and the other is cute gray tights with a purple ruffled shirt. I can't wait to dress them up and take pictures, argh, such overwhelming cuteness awaits!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

First of all, you look adorable! Pregnancy looks really good on you.

Second, how the heck are you 29 weeks already? Is it just me, or is your pregnancy going by at lightning speed? Your little girl is going to be here in no time at all.

About the contractions... I know every woman is different, but with both of my pregnancies, I had regular BH contractions from 14 weeks up until I went into labor. And I'm not talking about a few random contractions each day; I'm talking about anywhere from 5-20 contractions per hour. For me, that's normal. The contractions never changed my cervix or never brought about preterm labor worries, so I just went with it.

I'm sure your contractions are very much normal! Hopefully the NST will ease your worries.

SElmer said...

I was just telling Will yesterday that i bet you were going to dress up your girls in matching outfits, cause hes obsessed with twins for some reason. I said when we have two we can still dress them alike, and then he said he wanted to dress the baby like HIM if it was a boy EVERYDAY :) haha