Friday, September 24, 2010

32 Weeks

Wed night I got sick. We're talking like stomach flu kind of stuff. So I thought maybe I was ok and I could tell Tony didn't want to take Embry to our Love and Logic class without me, so I went. Halfway through went to the bathroom and luckily I had thought to grab a grocery bag on my way out of the house because, let's just say, it came in very handy. So we left. Once at home I laid down and was still sick but figured it would pass until I started having contractions. That promted me to call my OB who said I should go to labor and delivery to be monitored and that she would call to let them know I was on my way. I called my mom to come spend the night and Sarah stopped over to wait for my mom to arrive so we could leave. To make a long story short, the monitors showed that Nola was totally fine but that I was having contractions about 5 min apart. They believe this was due to being severely dehydrated. They also think it was food poisoning rather than a virus based on the fact that I didn't have any aches (besides bad back pain with the contractions) and no fever. So they pumped me full of fluids through my IV and eventually gave me some antinausea meds that way as well (apparently their orders were to not give me the anti-nausea stuff until I threw up there, so that's what they were waiting for). After that I started to feel slightly better. My dr was there for a delivery so she stopped by on her way out to see how I was doing, basically said stay hydrated, try the BRAT diet minus the applesauce, and hopefully everything would calm down. They sent me home about an hour later.

Yesterday I was awake for a total of about 3 hours, but luckily didn't throw up anymore. I ate a couple of graham crackers, some crackers and cheese, white rice and gravy, and of course water. This morning I had an OB appt, so I had about a half a bowl of cereal and some milk. Then went to the appt, got an eegee and a sub and took Embry to the playground. I'm still not feeling 'normal' but besides a killer headache, I'm doing much better. Embry had a fever tonight and was obviously not feeling well. Not sure what that's about, but now she's sleeping on the couch and after ibuprofen she feels much cooler.

We had our ultrasound on Monday which went really well. They cysts are still there but the tech said they look more like 'venus lakes' now. I'm thinking the difference is that cysts are fluid filled and venus lakes have nothing in them. I could be wrong, I don't know, but she said they're fine. Baby Nola is 4lbs and the fluid levels look great, so all is well. She was moving all over the place and even did a flip, oh and she kept pursing her lips...so cute!

Here's the photo break down:
1) girl parts
2) feet
3) foot
and:
1) 3D with hand in front of face
2) 3D with hand and foot in front of face (yeh I know, looks like she's wearing an eyepatch)
3) profile with pursed lips
Today at the OB she asked what we planned to do after having Nola, as in, having another baby etc. So I said with our fertility stuff we just planned on letting whatever happen unless by some miracle I decided I did want a 3rd baby and then we'd actively 'try'. I did mention how long I bled after having Embry (16 weeks) and she recommended using the mini-pill which she said would not affect my ovulation. I'm highly skeptical of any hormone use since it's not 'natural' and tends to affect lupus symptoms quite a bit. I highly doubt I'll be going that route.

Oh this is a big deal. I made the matching dresses! The piping part could have gone a lot better, but hey, whatever.
Ok so, not feeling so hot. Headache is getting worse, going to bed. I'll take and post belly pics tomorrow. I know, the suspense is killing you.

No comments: