Wednesday, August 25, 2010

28 Weeks

28 weeks
taken 8/26/10

Ultrasound pics
from 8/24/10


We had our ultrasound on Tuesday morning. It went pretty well except for 2 things. 1) Nola had her face smooshed against the placenta so that means we didn't really get any good profile or 3D shots. 2) there are 2, I believe they said, cysts in my placenta. You can actually see 1 of them in the first pic in the second set. It's that black hole looking thing on the left of the U/S window. The us tech didn't seem concerned about them at all, but she said she'd talk to the high risk ob person once they came in and then send the results over to my OB. So update, my OB is out of town till Monday, but the nurse called me back and said that the high risk OB said it wasn't 'an emergency situation' ...whatever that means. I'm just going to go ahead and assume everything's fine. Also, turns out our insurance is only covering $42/ultrasound, so that means about $85/ultrasound is left to come out of pocket, yikes.

So, we refinanced the house. We got a better rate than we were expecting (4.5 instead of 4.75) and the Sept 1 payment was taken down from our normal 1700 to 334. That'll help us a lot since I went a little nutso with buying presents last month. I have a problem, when I see things on clearance, I tend to buy them. Not everything, but things that I think would make good gifts...for family, friends, friend's kids etc. Target happened to have a whole isle of toys on clearance last month and so, I stocked up. Back to the refi, we'll end up saving approx 300/month on our mortgage. Hopefully we can put that directly into savings so we can buy a van in March without having to finance anything.

I got the white car to pass emissions on Monday morning. It was truly a miracle. The check engine light hasn't even come back on yet. So I did a 2 year renewal and then poof, the brakes start making a very bad noise...kind of like metal on metal. We're going to see if Tony's dad could look at it and put some new brake pads on. Right before we left for camping, we got a new pvc valve put in for $100, then had to drive it through 2 drive cycles before taking it through emissions. So we took it camping. Everything was fine till we parked it in our camping spot, then the check engine light came on. Tony unhooked and rehooked the battery before we left to go home and it has stayed off since then. Basically end of story, both our cars need to be replaced. Tony can have a smaller car and I need a bigger one.

Our AC broke on Tues night. I've been getting calls from our home warrantly place (which has a warranty on our AC) for about a week and I just haven't called them back. They were saying that my home warranty was expiring and I needed to renew it. So after it broke, I went to look it up online ($60 service charge through the warranty is way better than whatever it costs to fix an AC unit) and miracle of all miracles, the warranty doesn't expire till next week! We got someone to come out on Wed at noon and fix it. Turns out it was a burnt wire in the ac unit and oddly, during the storm on tues night we had some VERY close lightning strikes and I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with the wire. Anyhow, it's all fixed now and yahoo because pregnant people should not be left in AZ without a proper cooling system.

My friend Jamie came down from Phoenix yesterday and spent the night. We had lots of fun hanging out with her and she has a massage therapy license, so she brought down her massage table and gave me a wonderful prenatal massage today before she left. :) She took some pics of Embry and I at the park this morning and I didn't think I looked quite that pregnant. Woah.
Yes so about camping. It was great. Friday night was a little warm trying to get to sleep. I think we need an air conditioner for our tent. We had people directly next to us that night, but they were out fishing till late, so it didn't really matter. Then on Saturday, we had new neighbors move in and I believe I said to Tony, 'I didn't know people really talked like that.' They had some issues getting their tents up while it was raining. It appeared that it was a dad and his kids and his girlfriend with her kids. So we got to hear lots of swearing and yelling. It got more interesting the more they had to drink. I woke up around 1am to go to the bathroom and had a very hard time falling asleep once I got back. Let me just say that I heard a lovely rendition of 'Do your balls hang low?' I've never heard it sung quite like that before. I think I'm going to have to invest in ear plugs for our next camping trip. All in all, it was a good time. The weather was nice for the most part and Embry had lots of fun. Here's a photo after I got bit by a fire ant. I didn't realize that was so painful.

3 comments:

cara said...

Glad everything is still going well with the pregnancy. Your US payment is cheap, we had to pay just over $100 for each. Anywhoo, good luck with the cars, we've been there for the last 5 years and are just now getting out of it.

To A T said...

You are SO cute!! I can't believe you are 28 weeks already!

Deb M. Killion said...

Leatrice, I love the catch up on your life. Glad you got such a great refinance rate.

-Deb