Thursday, August 19, 2010

27 Weeks


27 Weeks
Taken 8/19/10

The pregnancy is still going good. I passed my 1 hour glucose test last week, so woohoo. Nola was kicking up a storm after I drank the juice so I thought maybe she was 'reacting' to it, but apparently that's normal. I got wooden letters to hang up in Nola's room that spell her name. I'm tearing light pink and dark pink tissue paper and putting it on them with glitter mod podge. I only have the 'a' left and so far, they look very cute! I love the glittery mod podge, it's all sparkly, I love sparkles. Ooh, I bought a used double stroller and carseat from a lady in the mom's group. It's the graco duoglider in a tan color with the infant carseat and base for $90. My mom and I washed it all up and it's looking pretty good, definitely used, but for the price it's a winner. It also fits in the trunk, so that's a big bonus. Now we just have to put it back together. It's a very hard process to get all the covers and shades off for washing, as in, you have to take the stroller apart.

Speaking of needing room, we've been looking at minivans. I don't like minivans. #1) since I'm blind in one eye, I don't have any depth perception, so the bigger the car the more afraid I am of accidentally hitting something. #2) they're ugly. #3) I like to think I'm more than 'just a mom' and by driving a minivan, that is automatically what I'm labeled. #4) did I mention, they're ugly? But when it all comes down to it, they're cheaper and more economical than an SUV and we need to get a bigger car. So the minivan wins over the SUV for practicality purposes. Now we have to figure out, should we wait until we have all the money saved to buy one used from a private seller? Or buy one after our house refinance goes through (end of Aug) and just finance a couple thousand until we get the money to pay it off (most likely March of 2011)? For now (and I say this hesitantly) we have both of our cars working. Will they break again before March? Probably. Will we then continue to throw good money after bad? Probably. For now though, they work and hopefully we can keep the 'check engine' light off on the white car until we run it through emissions on Monday. Kelly blue book has assigned the generous amount of approx $800 to each of our cars. How much money do you spend fixing an $800 car before you just throw in the towel and buy a new (new, meaning used) one? I don't know. Hopefully the worst is that I'll have about 4 months where I try to cram 2 kids, 1 adult, and 1 double stroller into a compact car. Don't plan on seeing me outside my house from the months of Nov-March, let's just say that. Then if I do manage to make it out, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Embry is adorable. She is saying so many things, she'll pretty much repeat whatever you say too. She now calls my dad (previously known as papa) 'Don' which is his name and obviously what my mom calls him. Now she'll willingly dunk her face in the water in the pool while holding her nose and closing her mouth and eyes. She saw my friend Anna's kid, Olivia (who she calls 'Dahlia') do it and now she thinks it's super fun. She will also lean her head way back to get her hair wet which she would never dream of doing before. She wanted her wings off the other day in the pool, so I took them off and she acted like she still had them on. It was slightly scary yet pretty funny too. She'd just go and jump off the steps and start sinking and with her head under the water look up at me like 'what the heck just happened?!' She just didn't understand that she was no longer quite as bouyant. She gets ver excited when I tell her we're going to see her friends or they're coming over to play...especially Noah. She gets equally as excited if I tell her Elmo is on or that she can have a popsicle. Suddenly she really loves to have 'hair ties' in her hair. She even asks for them when her bangs are in her face...which is great, because I love them and spent a lot of time making bows for her. She still doesn't really understand that she's getting a little sister. She'll point to my belly when I ask her where the baby is, but I don't think it's actually registering yet. Oh and everytime we say Nola, it inevitably sounds like Noah, so then she goes into hysterics about the idea of seeing Noah. Tony taught her how to say my name. I'm not very fond of it. He was downstairs with her saying 'Leatrice, come here!' and she repeated him saying 'tree-trice, umm, heore!' I have to say it was cute, but to her, I should be 'mama'.

I decided to try to make matching dresses for Nola and Embry. I was wanting to get Nola a cute 'coming home' outfit like Embry had, but then saw this pattern online and luckily someone else who made it also made an enlargement pattern for a toddler...so matching dresses it is! I'll be trying to make 2 of these but that one in particular looks like it's made out of jersey material. Mine will be cotton. Here are the fabrics, piping, and bias tape I picked out. I'll use the pattern for the main fabric on both dresse, then the light pink for Nola's accent color and the dark pink for Embry's. I'm excited!

4 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

Lea I Can't leave a comment I try every week and it won't do it help..

JoAnn Nehs said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Now it did it. So I would love to say that I just love reading your blogs every week. They are very informative and sometimes funny and just very good reading. You are doing super good I don't know where you get the energy to do all that you do and you are the best mother ever. Love you so much and Embry is sooooooooooooooooooo cute and funny and lovable, her whole face lights up when she smiles. She just love's living so much. I can't wait to see Nola I'll bet she will be just as great. You guys make wonderful children. Maybe you should have a whole bunch. ha ha

cara said...

I feel the same way about minivans. I refuse to purchase one. I understand the convenience of them but hate them. Good luck with the dresses. I'm sure they'll turn out nice.

Anna said...

I love reading your blog, Leatrice (Tree-trice) I look forward to it weekly. :) You are an awesome mom! Good luck with those dresses, it looks adorable and I'm sure they will be even better than the one pictured once you finish them! :) You're looking good!