Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 41


41 Weeks old on 8/28/09

I joined a mom's group called Eastside Desert Moms. It was recommended to me from a girl in MOPS last year but then the group closed to new members for the summer so I wasn't able to sign up then. It just reopened in August, so I signed up and met some girls to at the zoo on Wed. It was fun, but really hot! Let me just say that I won't be wearing makeup next time I go to the zoo in he middle of summer. Anyhow a fun coincidence happened that a girl who I've been emailing back and forth who was in our birthing class at TMC also happened to be a member of this group! It was fun to see her again and meet her little guy while strolling through the zoo. On another note, the Tucson zoo seemed a lot bigger when I was a kid.

I took Embry to the pediatric cardiologist on Friday. They did an EKG and an echocardiogram. The dr said that everything looks fine and she has an innocent heart murmur which she will probably grow out of at some point. He said kids can grow out of them all the way into their teenage years, so don't worry about it and if he had to rate it's intensity on a scale of 1-6 (six being the worst) he'd say it's a 2. Basically it's mild and nothing to sweat over which is what I figured.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad everything checked out okay with the cardiologist. My brother has had a heart murmur his entire life (he didn't outgrow it) but it hasn't affected him in any way whatsoever. It's usually very benign in nature - so take comfort in that!

I'm glad you had a nice visit to the zoo. It's great that you found a mommy group that you enjoy!