Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 45


I've started seriously planning for Embry's birthday party. I have decided to do an all out princess theme. I found a crown/tiara shaped cake pan to use for her smash cake and I'm going to attempt to make a princess castle cake for the real people cake. We'll see if it looks even remotely princessy in the end, but I'll try. At Michael's today they had a bunch of princess themed party stuff for 70% off so I lucked out and got napkins, plates, etc for pretty cheap. I think we'll have it at Purple Heart Park mostly for convenience sake, so I guess I need to call and reserve a ramada.

I dressed Embry up in all her different Halloween costume options and took pictures. One of them that I bought last year which is size 9-12 months is way too short. One is too big, then 3 of them fit. Out of the 3 that fit, the princess one is by far the cutest although the turkey one is darn cute too, but I think I might save that for Thanksgiving (which was the original plan). However I want Tony and I to match Embry, so we might do the Elf thing again and make her a little elf too.

On Tuesday the girls from my MOPS discussion group came over with their kiddos to go swimming. We got a solar cover 2 weeks ago and it has really warmed up the water temp. It was lots of fun getting to know the ladies more and meeting their kids. Embry has started climbing up the pool steps to play with the rocks, so even though we were nowhere near the steps, she wanted to get out and play with the rocks. I let her do just that and she was happy as could be. I think she only tried to eat one rock too. She's progressing.

Over the past 2 days I've been trying to switch her from breast milk to formula due to her getting the 4 top teeth. At first she was not happy, but now she seems somewhat ok with it. Today she drank 8 ounces of formula. Sometimes I'm mixing it with breast milk and sometimes not. I hate the smell of formula though, but then today I realized the kind I've been giving her says it has iron which is what I keep smelling. It smells like metal, yuck. Anyhow, I'm still nursing her before bed and sometimes in the morning, but trying to do formula in the daytime.

So we're officially trying for baby #2...whatever that means. I'm kind of feeling indifferent right now, but I know that if months go by without getting pregnant then I will revert to the feelings I had last time and probably become obsessed once again. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

I wish you luck with getting pregnant. I will pray for that to happen. love your blogs

SElmer said...

Do you have the book book that has the Castle cake in it?
I have one... i could send it to you and you could bring it back up when you come up for the wedding.