Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week 42


42 Weeks old on 9/4/09

Mmk yeh I know I totally suck at posting on time. Moving on.

On Friday we took Embry out to dinner with our friends the Hasbroucks at Pinnacle Peak steakhouse. It's located in this old west town in Tucson so we meandered around afterwards and took some pics of Embry with/in various western props. Then we decided to see the old west show (in other words, a play with guns). Yeh, Embry did not like the gunshots at all! Oh my gosh, once the guns would go off she would scream bloody murder. So Tony quick took her out and walked her around the main street while we finished watching the show. Anyhow, it's a place I'd like to visit again and I'm sad I haven't gone their sooner. I love touristy things.

After 2 unsuccessful tries, on the 3rd try, we found a baby gate that works on the bottom of our stairs! Woohoo! I did have to go out and buy screws and nuts to secure it to the metal railing and my dad drilled one extra hole in the metal because one of the pressurized thingys didn't line up with the holes that were already there. I'm guessing the lady that lived here before had a baby gate screwed into the bottom of the stairs as well which is why the holes are there. It was so frustrating to take back the 2 gates that didn't work (one wasn't wide enough, and one came with extensions which made it too wide) because I had a coupon for 15% off a baby gate and then another coupon for 15% off one item, but if you use them in the same order the 15% off one item will come off whichever item is the highest price and even after the 15% off the baby gate it was still the highest priced item. Problem is, you're not supposed to combine the coupons on the same item. That led to some issues while trying to take back the gates and exchange them for new gates because I'd obviously still want the coupons used on the new ones. Bleh, saving money is a lot of work sometimes.

We went to Mt Lemmon on Sunday with Kim, Anna, and their families. It was so much fun! The weather was great and the little girls (Embry and Haley) played together in the pack and play. Embry pulled some interesting wrestling moves on Haley in order to get the sippy cup, but Haley didn't seem to mind. They have so much fun together! I played lawn darts with Santiago and Anna, Tony and I played some paddle ball, and we took the girls down the to stream to stick their feet in.


Monday Kim and I took the kids to the pool at the Sheraton to swim with my moms group. It was lots of fun and the water was really nice. We went to IHOP afterwards to get some lunch and oh man, that was pretty bad. Our kids (mostly mine) kept trying to scream louder than the other one. There was no stopping them. Luckily it seemed that most people didn't mind and if they did, well they didn't say anything. This trip also reminded me that a child is only as cute as their accessories. Haley had on this cute matching outfit and sun hat while Embry was just wearing a onesie and everyone stopped to say how cute Haley was and then as an afterthought they'd turn to Embry and say, 'oh yes, I'll say hi to you too.' I'm surprised nobody asked if she was a boy since she wasn't wearing a dress or a headband. That night I went to a margarita night with the moms from the moms group. It was fun and I met some nice ladies while playing 'who knew.' They guessed that I would like the Sunday paper the best out of the given options and boy were they wrong. It was fun though!

MOPS started up again on Tuesday. I was babysitting Haley so I took both the girls and dropped them off in the nursery. I was called by the nursery workers about 30 min before the meeting was over to tell me that Embry was crying uncontrollably. That's a first for her. I'm guessing it was a combo of being really tired and hungry. I took her to the cry room and fed her and she was fine. Our discussion groups for the year were determined and I'm in the same group as my friend Rachael and a girl from the moms group I joined. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year!

Thursday I took Embry down to purple heart park to meet with the moms group for bubble fun. I got a big bubble wand for half off at Frys and it made some awesome big bubbles. It was a big hit with the kids. It got really hot really fast and silly me I brought no water or sippy cup for Embry, so we left. My parents came over and built some more shelves in the garage so we can put my brother's things on them to park both our cars in the garage. We moved the desk that was in the garage (I think as a work bench) up into the office so I have a place to do my scrapbooking. I'm excited to move everything up there so it's no longer sitting in the dining room. I'm a little worried though cuz Embry in the play yard for a long period of time does not work out well, so we'll see how it goes. I'd also like to get a sewing maching at some point. I'm not sure if I'm really that good at things like that (if you saw a heart shaped magnet that I sewed and stuffed in 7th grade FACE class you'd know what I'm talking about) but it would be really useful to know. So then on Friday my parents were over helping finish up the garage thing and they were kind enough to watch Embry while I packed for our trip to Phoenix.

Embry can now wave with both hands. After she started getting that new tooth, she started getting the same tooth on the other side and a few days after that the two middle top ones started coming in. So she's getting all 4 front top teeth at the same time and she's been a bit of a grumpy bear about it. Now the 2 on the right are all the way through and the 2 on the left are just poking through a little. She also got an Embry sized arm chair in purple plaid which is now sitting in the living room. She can't get up into it by herself, but she figured out how to turn around and climb down backwards. It's so adorable to see her in her little chair. Oh she's also doing this high pitched 'hi' thing. It kinda sounds like she's saying hi without the 'h' but kind of singing it. I'll try to get a video of it. She and Tony go back and forth making and 'ssss' sound which she thinks is a lot of fun and she giggles a bunch when I sniff her vigorously or try to bite her hands. She's so cute. :)

In other more gross news, I think my toenail fungus is getting better. I've been putting vaporub on it everynight and putting a sock on while I sleep. I'm tracking the progress in pictures, maybe I'll make them into a flip book! Haha.

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

LOL at the flip book idea!! :)

I just ~LOVE~ the pic of Haley and Embry! They are going to be heartbreakers when they get older! How are you and Daddy going to run all the boys off? ;)

JoAnn Nehs said...

AS ALWAY'S I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG. LOTS OF CUTE PICS OF THE LITTLE ONE. SHE IS SO CUTE.