Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 43


43 Weeks Old on 9/11/09

Last weekend we went up to Phoenix for the Holiday. We left on Friday after Tony got back from work. We stayed Friday night at Tony's mom's place. Then Saturday we went to stay at the Scottsdale Resort. Tony's mom watched Embry overnight Sat and Sun nights. She said that Embry wouldn't take her bottle, so she just ate a lot baby food, fruit, and yogurt instead. Either Embry doesn't want milk out of a bottle or she didn't like the fact that it was half breastmilk/half formula. I was hoping she would take the bottle because I've been thinking I might switch her to formula for these last 2 months since her top teeth are coming in and let's just say I'm not real pleased with the current nursing situation. She's not biting me, but it pretty much feels like we started nursing all over again from the beginning. Not a good feeling. Anyhow, I had planned on taking Embry swimming at the resort and keeping her there with us, but if someone's willing to watch her overnight then by all means, go for it! Tony and I had a nice time by ourselves and I realized how stressed out I am normally.

On Sunday morning we met Tony's mom and Embry at the Phoenix Zoo. It was great to begin with, nice and cool (well cool for AZ) and then it gradually got super hot. I really wanted to take Embry to the petting zoo, but by the time we got off the train ride we were sweating up a storm so I just bagged it and left. While waiting for the train, I took Embry out of her stroller and set her on my lap for a minute. When I lifted her up, there was poo smeared all over my skirt. Surprisingly enough, she didn't have any on her shorts at all! So I used up all the wipes and prayed that she wouldn't go potty again before we got back to Tony's mom's. Good news is, she seemed to enjoy the zoo a lot more this time than last time. She noticed a lot of the animals and seemed interested in what was going on. She was deathly afraid of the metal and concrete statues around the zoo though. I thought they would be great photo ops, but she screamed bloody murder everytime we tried to set her on or in one. Eventually she was ok touching them with her hands, but clung to me for dear life when I'd try to let her go.

On Sunday night we went to Robeks where Allison works and got some smoothies. I put the straw in Embry's mouth and usually she just bites it but this time she actually sucked on it and hard enough to get smoothie out. So now she's a pro and sucking on straws! I went and bought her some straw type sippy cups today and she likes them a lot. It seems that you either need to suck really hard or bite on the straw to get liquid out though, I don't know if I like that. Either way, she's getting a whole lot more out of this kind of cup than she was out of the regular sippy cups, so I guess we'll stick with these.

About a week ago I got a thing to stick in Embry's crib that plays music and has little bug things that go around with lights and then projects pictures onto the ceiling. My mom gave me $ to buy one a long time ago and I finally got one. So Embry didn't seem to care much about it at first, she was still just so offended that we'd think to leave her in her crib alone when it's bedtime. Now she loves it. She goes up to it and presses the button on and off a bunch and sits there and stares at the ceiling etc. So she still cries a smidge when we put her to bed, but she's got something there to keep her entertained and soothe her. I think I should have gotten one of these a long time ago.

No comments: