Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 15

15w 1d on 2/28/09


Well it appears that my blog posts are getting later and later. I guess it's hard for me to post on Fridays, I can't imagine that I'm busy, but oh well.

Last week I bought a nursing cover on ebay. It's great! I feel a lot more confident going out in public now that I know I have a way to feed Embry other than in a bathroom stall. The girl that I bought it from has like 70 patterns of fabric to choose from and I really like the colors and pattern that I chose. I was a little worried about being able to see through it since it's just a single sheet of cotton, but you can't see through it at all. Plus it's got this little pocket on the bottom right inside corner where I can put my breast pad while I'm nursing so I don't have to set it out. All in all, it makes me very happy! The heavier Embry gets (and according to our scale she's over 13lbs now), the harder it is for me to take her out. I mean, lifting her in the car seat out of the car and into a shopping cart or stroller is really pushing me to the edge of my capacity. I'm not sure what I'll do once she gains more weight. I guess the only real options are either a) don't leave the house or b) just deal with it.

Anyhow, she's getting closer and closer to rolling over. She only goes to her left side though. If I let her grab onto my finger and pull her a little bit, then she rolls over, but she can't get there on her own yet.

She scratched up her left calf a bunch because she's started grabbing her foot and sometimes misses and just scratches her leg instead. We cut her nails again after we saw the scratches, but I wonder if there's something I can put on them to help them heal in the meantime.

I'm thinking of possibly putting a swing set in the backyard. I was always against the idea because I kind of view them as a waste of space and I didn't want a big bulky thing taking up any of my yard. Well, in order to keep the grassy area intact, I'm thinking it will go behind the pool which is now a big open rocky space that is not being used for any purpose. Of course we'd have to put sand back there or something instead of the rocks, but the real issue would be redoing the pool fence. We couldn't have the pool in the same area as the swing set because that would defeat the purpose of the fence, so we'd have to move the fence. Seems like a big project. Bleh. We also need to extent our patio and the patio roof. Hmmm...

Embry was babysat by someone other than family for the first time yesterday. I had rescheduled my teeth cleaning but forgot to tell Tony the time I had rescheduled it to, so he had some things at work to do. Cara from young marrieds said she would watch her while I went to the dentist, which was a great help! Then Embry and I ran some errands and went to the mall. I had been avoiding the mall because of trying to maneuver a stroller through tiny spaces, but I decided to conquer that fear. Yes, I did run into many many clothing racks and a table cloth covering a display table got caught in one of the stroller wheels, but for the most part it was a pretty good experience.

Embry got to meet some more of her family members today when my brother and his family came over. We all sat out on the patio (it was a beautiful day) and talked and played 'pass the baby.' Embry was a perfect angel the whole time, it was great and I got a lot of good pictures. Once she started fussing we laid a blanket down on the grass and let her hang out there for a while.

2 comments:

Janon84 said...

Hey, how are you? I am catching up on blogs tonight, and saw your last post. Embry is sooo adorable! That last picture of her is so cute :)

To A T said...

My vote is to go for the swing set if you have the room (and the time and resources to make it happen) :) I bet Embry will have TONS of fun on it as she gets older!! :) And think of all those fun memories! ;-)