Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 14

14 Weeks Old on 2/20/09


These weeks are going by really fast. I don't know what's going on, but it seems like I just made a blog post yesterday.

On Valentine's day Embry got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Nehs for a few hours while Tony and I went over to Deb's house for a V-day dinner. When we got done, I called my mom and she said that they hadn't had enough time with her yet. I guess they played with her for about an hour and then she fell asleep...she's always so good for other people, haha. Earlier that day, she finally got to meet my friend Jessica who has 2 little girls. There's Krystal who's 3 and Sofia who's 1 and my god-daughter. Sofia is about 13 months older than Embry, so we're hoping they can become friends later on. V-day was also the day she turned 3 months old!

Tony worked from home on Monday so I could go to the dentist without the baby. Then he also worked from home on Thursday when I had a rheumatology appointment and Embry slept the whole time I was gone. This seems to happen a lot.

We went to MOPS on Tuesday and I decided that since I had some milk in the fridge that needed to be used that I would put Embry in the nursery instead of taking her in with me. I was a tad nervous because it would be quite bad if she got sick and then I got sick. Anyhow it seemed to go fine because the nusery workers never had to call me to come get her. They did however say that she was constipated and then had diarrhea, but I'm still trying to figure out how you can tell if a baby is constipated or if they have diarrhea. So, it was good overall because I got to enjoy myself in MOPS and Embry seemed to survive without me. Then I ventured to Target afterwards and I have to say that I've been there 3 times in the past week and every single time I forget to buy the cradle cap stuff that Robin suggested. Apparently I need to write it down! Later that day we met up with some YM girls for coffee at Starbucks and Embry was very well behaved, so yahoo for that!

We had YM at our house on Wed and she was pretty good for the most part. Then right before we all went our separate ways, she decided to have a blow out (sorry Deb!) and soil her light cream colored fuzzy outfit. Yes, of course it was the first time she had worn it. Tony and I are becoming masters at getting poo out of clothes. This brings me to another point. She went from pooing constantly to not pooing at all and then having a whole bunch come out at once. It happened again yesterday as I was trying to leave for Sarah's. Well at least she doesn't have diaper rash anymore!

My parents came over yesterday to hang out and watch a movie. Embry was fantastic and slept through the whole movie and then later she showed Grandma and Grandpa how well her lungs work and gave a couple minutes of ear piercing shreiks while I changed her diaper. I read in a magazine the other day that sometimes babies cry just because there's nothing else to do. That's not nice at all.

1 comment:

Robin said...

She looks like a little baby doll in this pic! I can't believe she's three months old already. Time does go quickly once they are born. I agree that it is not nice to cry just because you're bored. Just tell her what I tell the boys, "You will be bored a lot in life, so it's best that you just get used to it." Maybe that will help! :)