Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 13

13 Weeks old on 2/13/09


It's Friday already?! Where does the time go?

This week was rather uneventful since I decided to stay home to avoid the frustrations of last week's fussiness. We did however go up to Phoenix last Friday night/Saturday. She had a really rough time on the car ride up there because we were stuck in traffic due to an accident on the freeway and if the car's not moving, Embry is crying. Sat afternoon I fed Embry in the Target bathroom which was really interesting because every time a toilet would flush she would swing her head around towards the sound and her eyes would get really wide. Basically she ended up not getting fed very well. We also left a nice puddle of spit up on the Target bathroom floor. Woops!

She was rather fussy on Wed night at Young Marrieds. Fun fun.

I finally decided to venture out with her on my own yesterday. We were gone from 1-6pm running errands. Once again decided to nurse in the Target bathroom (at least it's clean) and I was about as successful as the time before. Before we left Albertsons I was telling Embry how our next stop was Costco and how much Mama hates that store. Then I put her in the cart at Costco and we walk about 5 feet into the store and she just starts screaming. There was seemingly nothing wrong with her, but she definitely felt the need to exercise her lungs! So I took her out of her carrier and held her while pushing the cart with the other hand. Luckily I only needed a few things, and I think people kinda felt sorry for me, so we were out of there in no time at all. Surprisingly, I'd say it was my best trip to Costco yet!

We started putting Embry in her crib to sleep for the night on Tuesday. It is FANTASTIC! The first night she didn't wake up until 6:30 to eat and then the next night she ate once around 7am and then was still asleep when I went in there to get her at noon. Last night was a little weird because she got up at 4am to eat (and surprisingly it was Tony who woke me up because she was cooing in the monitor, I was having a dream and the cooing was part of my dream) but then she didn't wake up again until around 11:15am. I'm definitely getting a much more sound sleep now that she's not in our room, so I'm happy.

I've been trying to put her down for tummy time a lot more even though she pretty much hates it. She's a master at holding her head up, so I'm not really concerned that she's not getting enough 'tummy time hours' logged. Today in one of our tummy time sessions, she was on her tummy for about 3 minutes and she threw up 3 times. If I were her, I wouldn't like tummy time either!

I put a bonnet on her today and it was thee cutest thing I've ever seen in my life! Oh speaking of her head, she's got cradle cap. Luckily she has lots of hair to cover it up. I'm gonna try putting baby oil on it, brushing it, and using the washcloth to exfoliate it in the bath. I've heard not to use soap on it because it will just dry it out more, but I can't imagine putting oil in her hair and then only washing it out with water...ick.

Tomorrow is her 3 month birthday! Happy birthday baby!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I can't believe you've just moved Embry to her room. I'm glad you're sleeping better though! They have some cradle cap stuff at target that works pretty well, though it makes their hair look dirty. I don't remember the brand name, but it has Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore on the front. It's been working pretty well for Boaz.

To A T said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!! Aww so cute! :)
Doesn't she know Costco is the best store in the world? LOL ;-)