Friday, March 6, 2009

Week 16

16 Weeks Old on 3/6/09


Big news of the week is that Embry rolled over! Woohoo! She rolled from her back to her stomach yesterday while Tony and I were on the couch, so we sat up and I looked at her and go, 'she's on her stomach, she rolled over! ...I'll get the video camera!' Naturally she would not roll over for the camera, so finally I gave up and went to do the dishes. Then I heard some grunting so I came into the living room and she had rolled over again! By the end of the day she was pretty much rolling over everytime we put her on her back. This presented a problem because she would be ok on her tummy for a couple of minutes, but then get all frustrated because she coudln't roll over onto her back, so then we'd have to go turn her over...again and again and again. Last night I put her in her crib for bed after she had fallen asleep nursing and then she started crying and would't stop, so I went up there and she had rolled over in her crib and couldn't turn onto her back again. Of course then I was worried all night that she was going to roll over and suffocate herself, but she was totally fine and didn't even wake up till 7:30am to eat. Other news is that last week she started to grab her feet on her own. It's pretty cute, but she still can't or won't put them up to her mouth.

I'm babysitting my friend Kim's 9 month old baby girl Haley today. I put them in the same outfit (that I'd bought for both of them a long time ago) and took some pictures. Haley was interested in Embry for a minute, but then just turned and crawled away. It was pretty funny. I'm quickly learning that we'll have to do quite a bit of baby proofing before Embry starts crawling...good times! Surprisingly they both slept for about an hour and a half at the same time this morning, so I got the rest of the packing done for our trip to Phoenix. We're leaving as soon as Tony gets home from work and coming back sometime on Sunday. Embry gets to sleep in her play yard for 2 nights in a row, it's not nearly as comfortable as her crib, so hopefully she'll still sleep good.

Embry and I went to MOPS on Tuesday and Embry went into the nursery again. When I came to get her the ladies in there said that she was so cute, smiling and giggling the whole time. So thta was great news! If we ever get to church on a Sunday again (since we've missed the past 4 weeks, woops!) I'll put her in the nursery and hopefully she'll behave just as well. She stayed at my parent's house for young marrieds again this week and was well behaved there as well, woohoo.

No comments: