Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 19

19 Weeks Old on 3/27/09

I don't think I have a whole lot to say this week, except that I tried to take Embry to get her 4 month shots today and failed again. They have walk-in appointments from 2-3:30 and at 3:30 I was in the car still about 5 minutes away from the dr's office. So instead I went to JoAnn Fabrics and got the rest of the tulle for her tutu.

Tony and I went to Borders yesterday and got Embry 'The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins' which is Tony's favorite Dr. Seuss book. We also got her 3 baby einstein board books, the classic Pooh anthology, a children's stories anthology, and a thing of nursery rhymes that comes with 2 books and 2 cds. I can't wait till she's actually interested in me reading books to her. She's somewhat interested now, but she obviously doesn't know what I'm saying or what the pictures are of, but I read to her anyway!

Oh something exciting is that since Sunday she's been sleeping on her stomach! I took the bumpers out of her crib so she doesn't smash her face into them (since she's still not skilled in rolling from front to back) and every morning I go in there to find her on her tummy, with her legs up under her and her butt in the air, with one arm hanging down through the bars on the crib. She's so cute. I got some video of her laughing when Tony changed her diaper tonight. He will tickle her and bounce her head on the couch (yes, it sounds bad, but it's not) and she'll laugh, but generally stops as soon as the video camera is out. Then she will just stare at me with a blank look on her face.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful little lady! I am so mesmerized by her eyes. They're stunning. :)

Esteban said...

I want to see an angry face now. Too many happy faces. We need to see the real Embry!!!! How about, I need to poo face? Or... I have gas face? Come on. ;)

cara said...

Keep reading!!! Please!!! Even at this age it makes a huge difference!

Melissa said...

your kid is the cutest-love it! Oh and I updated my blog, can you believe it?!

JoAnn Nehs said...

I finally got back to reading your blog. I enjoy it so much. love the pics, she is just the most bueatiful baby ever. love you all mom (Joann)