Friday, March 20, 2009

Week 18

18 Weeks old on 3/20/09


Embry is doing well. She sticks everything in her mouth, but most of the time her fist or arm are already in her mouth so she can't fit anything else in there. She talking up a storm and it's deafeningly loud. She still isn't rolling from front to back, she did it one more time, but nothing consistent. Oh I forgot to mention, the dr felt around her mouth and said she is not getting any teeth...so much for that theory. She's still spitting up a bunch. I'm giving her the med the dr prescribed, but not nearly as often as he said to, woops. Interestingly enough, her diaper rash seems to be coming back even though she's on the antifungal oral meds, or maybe it's because she's on the antifungal oral meds. Hopefully it will just go away on its own.

Last weekend Tony went camping, so I had a horrible night. First off, Embry kept rolling over in her crib so I'd have to get up and flop her onto her back again. Then I'm super paranoid when I'm alone at night, so I worked myself into a sickness about someone possibly breaking in. Basically I didn't get to sleep until 2am. I hope not to repeat that in the future. I think we need to buy a gun.

This whole thing of not getting enough sleep is starting to take it's toll. I didn't go to MOPS on tuesday because it's super early and I wasn't feeling too great anyhow. I'm kind of being reminded of what it was like the first few months with Embry and going back to thinking that one child would be plenty. I'm sure I'll change my mind before next week's post. It's a never ending cycle.

2 comments:

Kelly C. said...

GIRL, I feel your pain! I feel like I have a newborn again too! I thought Amelia was teething because she has been sleeping horribly but I don't know about that now.. Good luck, hopefully it will get better for both of us soon! I hate being alone at night too!! I always hear something and think someone is breaking in.. I even called the cops once.. *oops*

Ella said...

Your little girl is beautiful! What a sweetie! Hope she starts sleeping better soon! :)