Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 9

9 weeks old 1-16-09


Embry
officially turned 2 months old on Wednesday! She's growing up so fast.

She's started smiling a lot more now. She'll smile when we smile at her and ask her to smile which is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I told my mom on the phone the other day that I think Embry likes me. Maybe it's just that I'm the one with the food, but she smiles at me, and it feels so great to know that she actually is happy to be around me. :)

On Wednesday she went to Young Marrieds and was perfectly well behaved sitting in her carseat the whole time. I was really worried on the way over there because she was having a fit everytime the car stopped moving, but once inside she fell asleep and only woke up at the very end of the meeting. She's such a good girl. Today she slept for most of the time that my parents were over here which allowed me and my mom to get almost all of the Christmas decorations down and put away (finally).

I took 250 pics of Embry in the backyard yesterday. Natural light is fantastic.

She's been sleeping a lot in the daytime which I think is hurting her when she tried to go to bed at night. She'll be extremely fussy and only calm down when she's held. This has happened twice in the last week. So the first time I put her in the bed with us and let her nurse while I slept (I know, bad idea, but at the time I was running out of options). Anyhow, it was only like 10 min later when I woke up and she was just lying there next to me asleep so I put her in her bassinet and all was well. Then last night I fed her and she was still upset, so I asked tony to get up and change her while I went and got her sleep sack. He mumbled something about the #36 over and over and finally I said, 'just get up and change her.' He got up and then I explained that he should change her in the bassinet instead of putting the changing table back onto the play yard because she kept kicking the changing table part. When I got back from her nursery he had put the changing table attachment on the play yard and I said, 'why'd you do that?' he replied 'where else would I put the stuff?' I go, 'what stuff?' He says, 'the stuff.' This goes on for a minute then finally I say, 'just go back to bed' and he gladly complied. I asked him today if he remembered this exchange and of course he didn't, it's maddening. He doesn't understand how I could get mad at him for something that he doesn't even remember but I can't understand how he can walk around and perform tasks while he's still asleep! Maybe he really does have narcolepsy. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love how you always have Embry dressed in the cutest little outfits!

Oh yeah, my husband does the sleep-walking thing, too. He'll get up and do things and he'll have zero recollection of it the next day. It boggles my mind.