Friday, January 2, 2009

Week 7

7 weeks old  1/2/09

Embry finally moved into size 1 diapers last week.  I still think they're a little loose around the legs, but so far we haven't had any leaks so I guess they're ok.  Unfortunately the sensitive swaddlers weren't on sale at Target, so we got the regular swaddlers and they don't have the wonderful line between the legs that turns from yellow to blue when they're wet.  The line makes it a lot easier to figure out when to change her, but oh well.  She pretty much fits into 0-3 month clothes now too.  The newborn stuff still fits for the most part, but I can put her in 0-3 month and she doesn't look like she's drowning anymore.  :)  

She's definitely playing with her toy a lot more this week.  She'll lay in her crib and bat it around and talk to it for around an hour at a time.   Then she sort of tries to roll over towards it too.  She can get onto her side but not all the way onto her stomach.  At night she is sleeping a LOT better now.  She'll go for about a 5-6 hour stretch and then another 4-5 hour stretch in between feedings, so I'm feeling a lot more rested thank goodness.  Her diaper rash is almost completely gone, woohoo!  We used the lamisil and then desitin on top of it and it cleared right up!  We also took the nurses advice and used wet paper towels instead of wipes for about a week to make sure she wasn't getting irritated by some detergents or anything and now we're back to using the sensitive wipes.  Hopefully at some point I can switch to the non-sensitive wipes because I've got a couple thousand of them in the closet haha.  

She's taken to doing this weird thing while she's feeding.  She'll be fine for like 10-15 minutes and then start kicking her legs and flailing her arms, then she comes unlatched and starts rubbing her face all over the place and ends up milk from her forehead to her neck.  So I thought, well gee, maybe she's not hungry anymore so I'd sit her up and then she's start crying till I started feeding her again.   Then she'll go on being fine for a while and then do the whole thing over again.  I'm so confused.  Sometimes she'll do a whole half hour feeding and not do it once and then sometimes she'll do it like 4 separate times during one feeding.  She's strange.  

Embry has gotten to hang out with her great grandparents quite a bit on our trip.  She was with them when we went to Hershey and York, PA, the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Ellicott City, and when we went to dinner and a play in Columbia with Maria and Paul.  She behaved herself very well for the most part, but one day she was a little crabby.  Her great grandparents got her another SkippyJon Jones board book with flashcards that have english and spanish and 3 Dr Seuss books: The Cat in the Hat, Great Day for Up (one of my favs), and Would You Rather be a Bullfrog.  She also got a little jingle bell Christmas ornament that says 'baby's first Christmas 2008'.  I found some dresses on clearance after Christmas and got her 5 dresses and 2 skirts and I can't wait to dress her up and take more pictures!  Then I also found these shoes at Target that I've been wanting to get her that finally went on clearance, so I bought 3 pairs.  They're baby Converse shoes.  One pair is white hightops with a pink star on the side, then the other 2 are black and silver glittery in a newer style.  Yay!

We got family pictures taken at Sears up here in Maryland with Tony, me, Embry, Uncle Paul, Aunt Maria, and both grandparents.  I got 4 5x7's of the whole family for everyone then one 10x13 of Embry on her stomach leaning over a pillow for us.  Then I went online and looked at the first photo session from Sears when she was 1 week old and oh my gosh, she has grown a TON!  She looks sooooo tiny in the 1 week pictures and when I'm not comparing her to those I still think she's tiny, but my gosh, she's certainly gotten a lot bigger in just 6 short weeks!  She's growing up so fast, I just want to stop time to make sure I get to enjoy every second...well maybe not when she's crying, but the rest of it anyway!  :) 

2 comments:

Katie Sue said...

I can't wait to see her again! I'm sure she's huge! Are you coming home soon? We miss you here. :-)

Just a thought (keeping in mind I have no experience whatsoever with babies), maybe is having indigestion while she's feeding and sitting up is just enough to get some of the acid down. That's from my own personal experience with indigestion...but it's just a thought.

Hope to see you soon!

Rach said...

That is such a cute outfit! It must feel weird to be back home after living somewhere else for 3 weeks. See ya soon?