Friday, January 9, 2009

Week 8

8 weeks old 1-9-09

As I was sitting in the computer room at Tony's grandparent's house I looked at Embry and said, 'Embry, smile!' and she smiled! This happened 3 times in a row and then I told Tony, who was in the shower, he didn't believe me. So when he got out I tried it again with Embry and of course nothing but a bewildered look showed on her face. Then 2 days later we walked into the guest bedroom after being gone for the whole day in DC and Tony went to Embry's crib to say hi and she got the biggest smile on her face, so then he believed me that she started to recognize us. It doesn't happen everytime, but she definitely knows that we're her parents!

We came home from Maryland on the 7th and the plane was packed to the brim, so I had to hold Embry instead of her having her own seat. She didn't cry at all and slept about half the time. I fed her with milk I had pumped since there was some old man sitting in the seat next to Tony which worked but it's never quite as comforting as nursing. She fussed a little bit when we put her back in the carseat and were walking to get our luggage, but on the plane ride she was a perfect angel, woohoo! Everyone keeps commenting on how alert she is and the stewardess on the way off the plane was gushing about how she was sooooo cute. :)

A monumental event occured on the way home from Phoenix...Embry visited Culvers for the first time! She slept for the event, but I used a bib and a cheese curd as props to document the occasion. Seeing as she felt so comfortable that she slept, I would say that she really likes Culvers hehe. I wish they had Culvers onesies cuz I'd sooo buy one.

Last night we took her over to my parent's house and my mom got her a pink monkey that whistles when you squeeze it's tummy. My mom put it up to Embry and squeezed it and Embry's face lit up with a smile. It's amazing watching her discover and enjoy the world.

She really likes her bouncer and swing a lot more now that she is a little older. Before she wouldn't really care to be in them, but now she will play with the toys on the bouncer and squeal and she'll fall asleep in the swing. Much easier for the swing to lull her to sleep than me holding her and simulating the rocking motion with my arms haha. I think I'm going to try out her bebe pod tomorrow because she's gotten quite good at holding her head up.

Before we left Maryland we weighed her again and it appears that she is a whopping 11 lbs now! That means she's gained about 4 lbs since she was born, amazing. I can see that her legs, arms, and face have filled out a lot. My parents were amazed at how much bigger she's gotten in 3 weeks and so am I. She's started to spit up a lot more and surprisingly I haven't gagged yet! I'm not sure why she's spitting up, but I've been trying to feed her on one side for 15 min and then burp her and then feed her on the other side for 15 min and then burp her again to try to minimize the spit up. Sometimes it seems to work great and other times, not so much. She's still sleeping in our room in the bassinet part of the play yard. We'll probably keep her in there until she starts eating rice cereal and stuff around 4 months and then move her into the nursery. She's still sleeping really well at night which is fantastic for me. Last night she went to bed around 10:30 and didn't wake up until 5:15am. All I have to say is, yay.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your little girl is so cute!

At one month old, my baby HATES her swing. I'm hoping that she, too, learns to like it someday. Something to look forward to!

To A T said...

Aww! She is getting so big!

She is too cute!! ;-)