Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Prayers Please

Well to make a long story short, the hospital billing department has billed my infusions in such a way that my copay will not be the $125 that I had been told but instead it is 20% of the medication cost which would be $917 per infusion.  I am currently trying to talk to the billing department to get them to bill it as an outpatient service (which has a flat fee copay through my insurance of $125 per infusion) instead of billing it as a part B medical coverage (which is a 20% rate of about $5k per dose of medication).  The last step I made today was to leave a message for the billing person and I'll call them again tomorrow to bug them, but I'm really praying they can change it to the outpatient service fee instead. 

I did get preapproved to get a grant to help cover copay costs from a non-profit foundation called Healthwell.  However the rheumatology office believes that they cover up to $7200/year for copays and if they are $917 each then in a normal year (without loading doses) that would still leave me with a difference of $4,721 to make up somehow.  Please pray that they will change the billing method and this will be an easy fix!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying God puts his hand print in every paperwork process

JoAnn Nehs said...

I saw you on the phone all day yesterday trying to straighten the whole thing out, why did they give you the wrong information in the first place. No one seems to know what they are doing. Talk about something to stress you out which is the worse thing, stress causes Lupus flares, maybe that is why your hair is falling out. you would almost be better off if your family did not work then the infusions would be free. The poor guys who works hard gets the shaft once again. I am praying that God will help straighten the whole thing out.