Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oh, Praise Jesus!

If you know me at all, you know I'm a 'thinker' and not a 'feeler' which means that me having shed tears over a piece of mail is a big big deal.  Well that just happened! 

I spoke with the person in billing who is working on my case at the hospital today and she said that she is going to contact my insurance and figure out why they are not considering it an outpatient service when an infusion is clearly an outpatient service.  She said she thinks they might just be interpreting the coding incorrectly and she's hoping she can get it straightened out, but she made it clear that all insurance companies run things differently and that she wouldn't be able to say for sure if it would be $125 or $917 until they actually had a payment in their account...which could take who knows how long. 

So then I pick up the mail on my way home from a fundraiser (at Culvers, which was super fun btw) and I open up a letter from the Healthwell foundation.  As I said in my last post, the lady at the rheumatology office thought the foundation paid up to $7200 in copays per patient per 12 month period....which would leave me with about $4k out of pocket if the infusions are in fact $917 each.  Well, the letter from Healthwell is a pre-approval letter which states that my grant amount is $15,000!!!  The grants are also retroactive for 30 days prior to your application, which technically would not cover my first infusion, however this states that my coverage period is from 8/28/13-8/27/14.   Guess what date I had my first infusion???  That's right, 8/28/13!  How incredibly amazing is God?  I mean seriously, he deserves a shout out for this one!!!

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

I do believe God is working overtime on this one. Well at least you can kind of stop stressing out about the co pays for a while. And use that energy that you have been using trying to figure out how you would make the co-pays to concentrate on getting well. God has this one.