Friday, March 30, 2012

LA Fitness

I went on a tour of LA Fitness yesterday. They're building one on Golf Links and Harrison, which is closer to my house, set to open in April. It was nice, but the child care was really not something I liked. It's a nice set up, but there were 2 workers for like 15 kids, they don't change diapers, they don't give sippy cups, and when I picked up the kids Embry was whining. So come to find out some boy in there head-butted her and knocked her over (she has a bruise on her forehead now) and they didn't even reprimand him. I mean you can't exactly trust everything a 3 year old says, but either way, I didn't want to take them back there. Next up is the YMCA. Only issues I have there is that the pool is outside (although it is heated all winter), and there is no spinning or cycling class. I have heard that the childcare does fill up sometimes so you'd either have to wait for 2 spots to open or just forgo your workout if you can't wait. That would really tick me off. I know a lot of mom's that go there, which is good and bad. Good that I might have some added accountability, but bad that I look like a red-faced freak when I work out and would be trying to hide behind every pillar and weight machine possible. ;)

No comments: