Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Health Update

Kids are great!

My leg ultrasound came back fine, so no clots, woohoo!

My back xray was also good, the fractures are there, but have hardened nicely so that means less pain, but never no pain. I'm ok with that.

I went to the ear/nose/throat dr on Monday who said that the perforation in the ear drum has healed, but there is a lot of fluid and pressure in the middle ear which is causing the ear drum to be sucked in making it concave and unable to vibrate, hence the lack of hearing out of that ear. He prescribed a taper of prednisone starting at 40mg which I took the first dose of yesterday. I'm really hoping this does not add to my already troublesome weight problem, but I doubt it will since it's only for 2 weeks.

My pcp rechecked my thyroid and also checked my cortisole levels (per my request) and I'm hoping to get those results back tomorrow.